Bill and Income Reminders summary screen lacks account names

Does anyone know why the Quicken developers have chosen not to add From-Account and To-Account columns to the Bill and Income Reminders screen? Since each entry must specify at least one account, would it not be useful to know at a glance which accounts will be affected for all entries without having to drill down on each individual entry?

Comments

• Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I suggest you consider using the Bill and Income Reminders item on a Home tab view or the Monthly Bills & Deposits tab on the Bill and Income Reminders window (press Ctrl + J).
  • sbrasel12
    sbrasel12 Member
    Thank you for the suggestion. But Monthly Bills & Deposits shows past and anticipated transactions that were/will be caused by the reminder rules. It does not show all of the reminder rules at a glance, which are only under the Bill and Income Reminders tab.
  • Sherlock
    Sherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    sbrasel12 said:
    Thank you for the suggestion. But Monthly Bills & Deposits shows past and anticipated transactions that were/will be caused by the reminder rules. It does not show all of the reminder rules at a glance, which are only under the Bill and Income Reminders tab.
    I suggest you select All - by bills and deposits from the Show pull-down menu of the Bill and Income Reminders item on a Home tab view I asked you to consider earlier.
  • sbrasel12
    sbrasel12 Member
    Selected the Home tab
    Clicked Customize button and added Bill and Income Reminders to Chosen Items
    In the Show pull-down menu, selected All - By bills and deposits
    Clicked gear icon (settings) and selected show Accounts in Bills lists

This screen does indeed have a from-account column. I can put it adjacent to a Ctrl-J display sorted by due date to also show the PDF, Show in List, #Left, Method and How Often columns.

So this got me halfway there. Thanks!
  • sbrasel - thanks!
    Like you said got me halfway there. If could print listing or at least sort the view by account would get me there.

I want to use to make sure have updated credit card or other account - have had a couple card number changes and pain to make sure all bills reminders updated when go one by one on Manage All Bills and Income Reminders.
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sbrasel12 With transfers I identify the opposing account in the payee field, so I can see at a glance the from and to accounts affected by the reminder.

For example, my transfer reminder to pay my credit card will show Citi Checking under account to use, and the payee will show Citi Cards #XXXX.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • Rich_M
    Rich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    @family.05.johnson For your situation take a look at the Projected Balances window, which allows you to view all your reminders for the Next 12 Months, for example.

This list can be sorted by either Payee or Account to Use, which should make it easy for you to pick out the ones that need to be updated.

You can also edit the reminder from this list to make corrections on the spot.
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
This discussion has been closed.