Home Before you Buy

Deluxe 2011 and H&B 2015 merger to newest Quicken version

GFHBGFHB Member
I see a lot of people have the same question that I have. And as I cannot find out for sure what I need to do, I thought I would ask the community. I have two versions running on two computers. I am buying a new laptop and want to buy the newest version of Quicken and import my old data. Obviously they would not be merged together into one file. So two questions: 1) Can I have two separate Quicken files? Currently I can 'open Quicken file" to open multiple files. 2) Does the current version of Quicken support Deluxe 2011 and Home & Business 2015? These are the two versions I am currently running on my two computers. It looks like Quicken is now subscription so that should make staying up to date easier, although a bit more expensive. Thanks for any help!

Answers

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    #1 Yes
    #2 Yes

Note that if you want the Home & Business features you of course have to pay for that one when you go to the newest version of Quicken.  On the other hand the Deluxe/Home & Business data files are compatible so you can load either into either the Deluxe or Home & Business edition and have the features at that level.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can have many separate data files.  Just open them in the new version.  But first make sure they have different file names.
  • GFHBGFHB Member
    Awesome! Thank you :)

I just order my new laptop and will need to decide which version I will run. Since one is for a business and the other for myself, I think it makes sense to go with the H&B version. The business is picking up the tab anyway!