Can't move to new Quicken Bill Manager

As the clock ticks down to Quicken Bill Pay's demise, I decided to switch to the new Quicken Bill Manager.

First of all, my checking account is linked to a brokerage account. It is linked to Quicken Bill Pay. I still used the Quicken 2017 login route (which I still pay for) as my attempts to move to the newer mechanism never worked despite upgrading to the subscription model.

When I attempt to setup the account, I click on the Enable button and fill out all my information (either manually or by using Copy from billpay). And I add my date of birth.

When I click on Save, I get "Could not add payment account".

In looking around, I found this article: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871337/new-bill-manager-issue

I contacted customer support and they helped me setup a new file and connect a plain checking account in that file.

But, when I switch to my existing Quicken file, I can neither connect my existing account or even a new account to Quicken Check Pay.

At that point, customer service throws up their hands and suggest I go with a new Quicken file. I have 27 years worth of financial data in Quicken at this point -- so any suggestion to start over is a suggestion to give up on Quicken altogether.

I am disappointed that Quicken have no diagnostics information whatsoever -- and a thoroughly useless "something went wrong" error message.

Answers

• Quicken Sarah
    Quicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @grantcv1

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response and that the experience with Support has been negative.

I'd like to look into the support contacts a little further and see if we can get to the bottom of what's causing the "Could not add payment account" error.

Were you by any chance provided with a support ticket number for the contact?  

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • Richard599
    Richard599 Member
    I have the same issue. It is a Bank of America checking account that works fine with the existing system, for the past 21 years, but will not “enable “ for new Bill Manager. I spent considerable time on phone with both Quicken Support and BofA digital support. Quicken suggested a BofA issue after trying to assist me with the same results (would not enable”). BofA assisted me and could find no problems communicating with Quicken. According to them, everything was working fine. Must be a Quicken problem! When is Quicken going to get involved. There seems to be voluminous issues on this matter when query the internet.
  • grantcv1
    grantcv1 Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello @grantcv1
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response and that the experience with Support has been negative.
    >
    > I'd like to look into the support contacts a little further and see if we can get to the bottom of what's causing the "Could not add payment account" error.
    >
    > Were you by any chance provided with a support ticket number for the contact?  
    >
    > Please let us know, thank you.
    >
    > Sarah

No, I was not. However, after that bit of frustration, I took the time to report a problem from within Quicken. A lot of information was uploaded (I trust sanitized) which should help in diagnosing the problem. I don't have a # associated with that problem report.

I don't see how Quicken can shut down the existing service without first resolving this problem. There are a lot of customers like myself that have been with Quicken for decades and losing this feature will be a substantial step backwards.
This discussion has been closed.