Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Improper list movement in list when accepting downloaded transactions

When processing downloaded transactions, I typically edit the transaction and then save. Instead of moving to the next item in the list of downloaded transaction, a seeming random row in the list of downloaded transactions is selected. This occurs both when I have the list sorted by date and by payee. This is very annoying as I need the then find where I was working which is a big waste of time.

Answers

• Quicken_NatalieQuicken_Natalie Moderator mod
    Hello @[email protected],

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these difficulties in Quicken.

If you are still needing assistance, please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• UnknownUnknown Member
    Thank you, Natalie. Although I am a long time Quicken user this is the first time I have used the forum so appreciate your patience with me. The environment information is below.

More information on the problem. I am doing a lot of cleanup on an account with 700+ items in the list of downloaded transactions. After editing and accepting an item in the row -- either by clicking the Accept button or hitting save on the transaction -- the list selection jumps to another item. It seems like it repeatedly jumps to the same item -- currently a transaction dated 12/2/2017 -- although the item that it jumps to seems to changes occasionally.

Hope this helps.

Thank you again.

Quicken 2020 Home, Business & Rental Property R27.29 Build 27.1.27.28 US
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit version 10.0.18362 build 18362 US
  • CEANDRACEANDRA Member ✭✭
    I am seeing the same thing. I have Quicken Deluxe, subscription. 2020, version R27.28, Build 27.1.27.28. When I started Quicken today it did an update. I do not know how recently this problem started, but it was in the last month or two at the earliest (I am behind on entering data). Latest version of Windows 10, ver 1909, Build 18363.900.

When I accept any entry in the downloaded list, whether accepting in the list, or in the register (by hitting enter), the cursor goes to a random place in the list, and I have to scroll back to where I was, if I can remember. I don't accept all, as some are my wife's and other family members to reconcile.

I do note that if I turn off the "Hide Accepted" (by clicking "Show Accepted") it appears to work properly. But if it is set to hide accepted, the problem persists.

Please fix it before my wife tries to enter data. She hates keeping up with things bad enough, if the program makes it harder she'll quit.

Chuck
    PS: I also find that if I "revert" to the original name in the downloaded list (when it changed the name of the merchant), it moves me to the top of the list instead of staying on that item. This occurs whether Hide Accepted is on or off.
    edited July 8
    [removed - threads have been merged]

I have Quicken Deluxe, subscription. 2020, version R27.28, Build 27.1.27.28. When I started Quicken today it did an update. I do not know how recently this problem started, but it was in the last month or two at the earliest (I am behind on entering data). Latest version of Windows 10, ver 1909, Build 18363.900.

When I accept any entry in the downloaded list, whether accepting in the list, or in the register (by hitting enter), the cursor goes to a random place in the list, and I have to scroll back to where I was, if I can remember. I don't accept all, as some are my wife's and other family members to reconcile.

I do note that if I turn off the "Hide Accepted" (by clicking "Show Accepted") it appears to work properly. But if it is set to hide accepted, the problem persists.

Please fix it before my wife tries to enter data. She hates keeping up with things bad enough, if the program makes it harder she'll quit.

I also find that if I "revert" to the original name in the downloaded list (when it changed the name of the merchant), it moves me to the top of the list instead of staying on that item. This occurs whether Hide Accepted is on or off.

Chuck
    Any progress on this issue?
    Nobody else sees this issue? Unfortunately, when Quicken person responded asking OP for more info, it got marked "answered", when in fact no answer has been given.
  • MicrosoftMoneyMicrosoftMoney Member
    This is extremely aggravating. Quicken, please, how about an answer? Thanks to Ceandra for the tip about show/hide accepted. That's saving my sanity today;
    Using Chat system, we truncated my file to just this year. No improvement. I then restored a file (to a new name) backed up last summer, still no improvement, so the issue is in Quicken, not in my files. They were unable to further help. They opened a support ticket #7830267. We'll see.
    At this point Quicken does not even acknowledge a problem. Not sure how to get them to actually work on it. Hopefully opening the ticket will escalate. New subscription service means new bugs rolled out more frequently. Unfortunately, I do not see a means to revert back to an older version.
  • NotACPANotACPA SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    When they do work on that ticket is the 1st mystery.  An issue that's apparently impacting so few is probably not a high priority.
    How far back, to an older version, would you like to go?  There MAY me a way.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
    Probably just a version or so, perhaps back to April 2020. But, it would seem that if I reverted back, they will push down the newer version when I log on. Willing to try though. Not sure why this is only affecting a few people.
    OK, I found how to revert to older versions here: <a href="https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7874350/steps-i-used-to-revert-to-an-older-subscription-version-of-quicken" title="Link: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7874350/steps-i-used-to-revert-to-an-older-subscription-version-of-quicken">https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7874350/steps-i-used-to-revert-to-an-older-subscription-version-of-quicken</a>

I tried bunch of versions. I found the last one that worked properly was R26.23, May 2020. Starting with version R27.20, the list handling fails.

I do not know how to get this info to Quicken. They told me they would get back to me on the open ticket if anything changed.

Thanks for pointing out there is a way to revert. And, this conclusively shows that it is a Quicken program problem and not a data file problem.

Chuck
  • rodney23rodney23 Member
    I'm having the same issue. Thanks for the "Show Accepted" workaround. I hope they find/fix this issue soon, very annoying when things that have worked forever go screwy!
    Hello All,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and share your experiences regarding this issue, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience incurred.

At this time, I would suggest reporting the problem via the Help>Report a problem menu. This will provide our Teams with the necessary data to begin investigating.

Please be sure to leave all boxes checked, as well as include a description of the issue that's occurring.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

Natalie:

Does that do anything different than opening a ticket through the chat interface? They opened a ticket, but I have no way to follow up.

Chuck
    Hello Chuck (@CEANDRA),

Thank you for the additional inquiry!

I have taken the liberty of reviewing your interactions with Support using the email address associated with your Community Profile, and I would recommend going ahead and submitting the information via Help>Report a problem as well. 

As other users are experiencing this, it would only provide our teams with more data to begin investigating. 

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Natalie