Popup prevents register entry

The latest update added some annoying popup-on-hover "flags" on the register-line's "save" and "more actions" icons. The are exactly at the tip of my mouse cursor, such that they prevent clicking the icons - the first click dismisses the popup. How do I get rid of these useless, interfering popups? I KNOW what the icons do, for god's sake!

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depending on whether the option in Edit / Preferences / Data Entry and Quickfill
    "Use enter key to move between fields" is enabled or not, you should always be able to save a register transaction by pressing Enter or CTRL-Enter.
    I have tested your problem on my Q 2020 R 27.28 and do not have an issue with the helper popups interfering with mouse clicks. A single click immediately executes the command, whether the popup is there or not. But my system, a laptop with a 17" monitor, may be different from yours ...
  • Dean100
    Dean100 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, I realize I can hit Enter, but sometimes I need to modify the transaction, and the same thing happens with the "More options" button. The popups appear exactly at the "tip" of the mouse pointer (finger), and if I shift the pointer even microscopically (one pixel) into the popup, the click doesn't activate the action, only dismisses the popup. Better programming would put the popup either at the top edge of the icon (hotspot), or enough pixels above the cursor to allow for slight positioning error when clicking. This is a case where adding a feature produced a regression in usability.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure if you've seen the other discussions going on here in the Community.
    For some reason, a programmer thought it was a good idea to remove the "Save" button and change it to tiny icons.
    Result: A storm of protests about removing a keyboard shortcut, Alt-A, used by a number of customers as an alternative to click Save or press Enter or CTRL-Enter.
    Personally, I would call this change an "Eigentor" (soccer term for an own goal, where the ball ends up in your own goal instead of the opponent's) and would like to see this unnecessary change reversed.

• Dean100
    Dean100 Member ✭✭
    Good god, don't they do Beta testing before instituting such changes? This is a tyrannical monopoly. Why don't they focus on fixing real shortcomings, like the poorly-designed column widths in reports. The whole Quicken program is so in need of a re-write. I hope some competitor finally emerges with a real customer-centric philosophy.
  • Marty G
    Marty G Member
    I agree. Just registered Quicken 2019, and that SAVE popup prevents easy clicking of the save icon button. I have to move the cursor around to click it. Ridiculous.
  • Dean100
    Dean100 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the concurrence! They need to fix these things.
This discussion has been closed.