I am trying to switch from Quicken BillPay to be able to pay my bills via Chase.

Comments

• Ben Klein
    Ben Klein Member ✭✭
    I need help. Totaly confused.

I am trying to switch from Quicken BillPay to be able to pay my bills via Chase.

I am accessing my Chase accounts via Direct Connect. Which I have been doing for a long time and downloading my transactions works fine. I have not done anything with the Chase website re setting up the bill pay feature.

I have deactivated and reactivated my Chase account and reactivated bill pay. I have never seen the 'Secure Message' entry re Quicken

As soon as I try to pay a bill I get an error OL-301-A in the One Step Update Summary screen. And the OFX log shows an error code 2000 USER NOT AUTHORIZED TO ACCESS THE SYSTEM WITH THIS APPLICATION.

What am I missing or doing wrong?

Thank you for your help.
  • Ben Klein
    Ben Klein Member ✭✭
    Let me add an additional comment to explain 'confused'. I called Chase technical support and was told I can't pay my bill using Chase bill pay via Quicken. Yet I am reading that people are able to it.
  • GeoffG
    GeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not positive, but you may need to contact Chase to authorize Quicken to send payment requests to Chase. You can also check your online account for third party app authentication. This is very possible, works well and with Chase is free.
     user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 21H1
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I don't use the service, but I do have a savings account and two credit card accounts with Chase and when I go to the Online Services tab to the savings accounts I see this.

So it looks like you have call that number to enroll.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Ben Klein
    Ben Klein Member ✭✭
    Thank you for your help.

I just activated Bill Pay in my Chase account and now it works. I was able to make a payment.

So much for Chase technical support.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for reporting back.  I had a feeling it was something like that.
    What is really happening is Quicken is sending commands and receiving replies from the financial institution's bill system.  In other words it works sort of just like another GUI to that system.  So it certainly a requirement that you have enabled the bill system on their site.  Note for this reason say you setup a bill payment on their site, when you download into Quicken it will pick up that bill.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
This discussion has been closed.