Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I can not add more replies in my forum discussion

I have started a discussion to help me with an issue I have in Quicken. Today I tried to respond to someone that is helping me with further detailed information but no matter what I do it no longer displays my responses. Is there a limit to how long a response can be? Is there a limit in the discussions? I have constructed the response by typing as well as pasting some text from another source.

Comments

• Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi @Terry Locke,

Which discussion are you referring to - is it this one

"How to reclassify transactions from BoughtX to Bought"

If so, it looks like you recently posted "Ooops" to it.  It doesn't appear to be "closer" to comments and AFAIK there is no limit to the length of a response (I have seen many that were extremely long!)

I suggest that you try again.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Terry Locke
    Terry Locke Member ✭✭✭
    > @Frankx said:
    > Hi @Terry Locke,
    >
    > Which discussion are you referring to - is it this one"How to reclassify transactions from BoughtX to Bought"
    >
    > If so, it looks like you recently posted "Ooops" to it.  It doesn't appear to be "closed" to comments and as AFAIK there is no limit to the length of a response (I have seen many that were extremely long!
    >
    > I suggest that you try again.
    >
    > Frankx

I guess there is some sort of delay for posting comments. And yes that is the discussion.

Earlier today I tried to post a comment in reply to a request for further information. I spent over an hour constructing the reply as I did some research while writing the comment. When I was done I clicked the Preview then the Post Comment button. and everything I worked on disappeared. I did everything I could think of like refresh the page and finally I logged off and logged back in to the forum but the comment was still not there. So I reconstructed the comment. It took me less time as I had already done the research. I pressed preview and then pressed Post Comment and again all my work disappeared.

At that point I posted this question in the "Questions about using the Community" part of the forum. I then went back to my discussion only to find that both comments were added (meaning I then had duplicate comments). Since there is no comment delete capability I simply edited the duplicate comment replacing it with an Oooops.

I guess I need to wait longer for comments to post.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Terry Locke

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.

The missing comments were due to the frequency of the comments and the forum interpreted them as potentially being spam, they have since been approved and you should now be able to comment without further issues.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    When you post a comment and the system (automatically) decides that it wants to have it sent to the moderator there is little notification message that appears (for a few seconds) in the bottom left of your window that says it is doing that.  It is really easy to miss though if you aren't watching for it.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW whatever I work on a very long message (as in the time it takes me to compose it) I like to do it in something like MS Word and then paste it in.  That way I have a copy of it "just in case".  If not caused by a problem with the system, just doing something like hitting your browser's back button can lose all that work!  (and yeah have done that.   :)  )
    Signature:
  • Terry Locke
    Terry Locke Member ✭✭✭
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > BTW whatever I work on a very long message (as in the time it takes me to compose it) I like to do it in something like MS Word and then paste it in.  That way I have a copy of it "just in case".  If not caused by a problem with the system, just doing something like hitting your browser's back button can lose all that work!  (and yeah have done that.   :)  )

Yup that's what I did for the second comment, I built it in Word and saved it for posterity.
  • Terry Locke
    Terry Locke Member ✭✭✭
    > @Quicken_Tyka said:
    > Hello @Terry Locke
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.
    >
    > The missing comments were due to the frequency of the comments and the forum interpreted them as potentially being spam, they have since been approved and you should now be able to comment without further issues.
    >
    > I hope this helps!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

The frequency? Like one every 2 hours?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Terry Locke

The comments tend to get flagged when there are multiple comments posted in a row.

This can happen on the same post or if comments are posted in rapid succession on several posts.

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    And the key word from Tyka's answer is tend.  As in you might post X amount of comments in a row and they don't go to the moderator.  But at another time post a message 10 minutes or more later and it does.

It is nothing that I could ever predict when it was going to happen.  It seems that I have enough points that my comments don't go  through the moderators any more, but took a long time.  And it can be very frustrating.  For instance you a thread and you are either answering a series of questions or asking those questions, and then all of a sudden your comment goes to the moderators, and depending on time a day and such it can be up to hours or longer before a moderator gets to it.  In the mean time the thread continues on without you.
    Signature:
  • Terry Locke
    Terry Locke Member ✭✭✭
    @Chris_QPW @Quicken_Tyka
    Yup it just happened again and this time I saw the "sent to moderator" toast.
This discussion has been closed.