Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

hidden and closed accounts continue to show up in register account drop down lists

Have tried manage hidden accounts. Uncheck and recheck hide transactions in entry lists, etc. Chatted with Tech Support who suggested that i ask the community. Running Quicken 2020 with most current updates. Long time quicken user and list of closed accounts is quite long and annoying to have to pick through them for register entries, transfers, etc

Answers

• SherlockSherlock SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're not able to set accounts to be hidden in category lists.  The trick I use is to prefix the account register's name so they'll be easily recognizable and sorted at the bottom of the category list.  For example, with "ZZZ"
    Quicken user since 1997
    Premier on Windows 10
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    This is a functionality that has be broken/inconsistent for many years, and reported many, many times.

Currently this how it behaves.
    In old data files the "hide transactions in entry lists" setting does nothing.

In new data files the "hide transactions in entry lists" setting does hide it on the pull down lists.  BUT there is also a "show hidden" on those lists and is you select it, the accounts still don't show.

So very inconsistent.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    BTW in the past part of the inconsistency has been explained that these are accounts not categories.  And in fact it is the category lists that people are talking about.

If you look at lists that are for accounts like the ones in in investment transaction, you will see that the hidden accounts are not shown there and work as expected.

BUT that doesn't explain why it works differently in old data files and new data files.
    What's more there is a real need for this functionality in the category lists where these are "transfers".

Personally my take on this is that "hide in Transaction Entry Lists" should work exactly how it does in the "old data files".  But they should allow for hiding the "category/transfer" in the category lists by allow to select "Hide" in the category list.

(I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)