Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Verizon Visa at Synchrony Bank - Unable to set up

I'm unable to add an account for the new Verizon Visa Card (6/26/2020) at Synchrony Bank. The correct account web address is https:// verizonvisacard.syf.com . Neither this address nor the one shown in Quicken, www.synchronybank.com , recognizes my user name/password at the former. Please advise. Thanks.

Answers

• FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jtgdc,

I took a look at two different Synchrony sites (including the one you noted above) and Verizon's site.  The "generic" Synchrony credit card site (not mentioned above) allows one to search for cards they issue for many companies, however my search for Verizon returns nothing.  But it also appears that all three sites have a "Chat" function which you can use to ask whether they support Quicken downloads, etc. 

Another, less desirable option, would be to login to your account and see if it might have an option to download a QFX file which you could import into Quicken.

But I'd give your post some more time - perhaps other users who actually have the same card will see it and be able to offer some assistance.

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • jtgdcjtgdc Member ✭✭
    Thank you for the quick reply, Frankx! I actually started my inquiries with Synchrony Bank. Their response was generic: “some third party aggregators may not function with this account.” I’ll continue to press the issue, and I’ll hope that others will too. — Jim
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @jtgdc ,

How are you looking for Verizon Visa Credit Card in Quicken? Tell me, how you are trying to set it up?
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R29.22 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20241.1005
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19041.572

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• jtgdcjtgdc Member ✭✭
    Thanks, @thecreator. Add new credit card account, then searching for financial institution "Synchrony -->Synchrony Bank Credit Cards-->User ID and Password." I've now added the account as a manually-downloaded account.
  • timfieldtimfield Member
    I'm having same problem with the new Verizon Visa from Synchrony. If I use "Verizon Visa" from list of credit cards, it doesn't use Synchrony. If I try "Synchrony Bank Cards" my account isn't found. How can I set up online access to new Verizon Visa?
  • JmansdadJmansdad Member ✭✭
    I am having the same problem. I suspect that Verizon got ahead of itself and sent out the cards before Synchrony Bank was fully prepared. I'd give it a few days.
    jtgdc said:
    Thanks, @thecreator. Add new credit card account, then searching for financial institution "Synchrony -->Synchrony Bank Credit Cards-->User ID and Password." I've now added the account as a manually-downloaded account.
    Hi @jtgdc ,

Before you can add Verizon Visa as Express Web Connect account in Quicken, you actually need to log into your Account on the Web, using your Browser of choice and bookmark it in your Browser and see your Verizon Visa's Transactions.

I assume that you have a Verizon Wireless Account and signed up for its Credit Card to save $10.00 on your Wireless Bill.

Call up Verizon Wireless and tell them now that you have a Verizon Visa Credit Card, you want to log in and set up for Paperless Billing and want to be able to view the transactions on your Desktop Computer, as well as being able to download a PDF Copy of your Verizon Visa Bill.

They should be able to tell you, how or give you a number to call.

Synchrony Bank is not Quicken-Friendly.

Once you got the information, Call Quicken Support and ask them, how to add Verizon.Visa and give them the URL to access the Login page.

Has the links for Support.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R29.22 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

timfield said:
    I'm having same problem with the new Verizon Visa from Synchrony. If I use "Verizon Visa" from list of credit cards, it doesn't use Synchrony. If I try "Synchrony Bank Cards" my account isn't found. How can I set up online access to new Verizon Visa?
    Hi @timfield ,

• jtgdcjtgdc Member ✭✭
    Thanks again, @thecreator. Indeed, the new account with Synchrony Bank was set up before attempting to set up the new Quicken account. Accessing it through my browser is no problem. Once I realized that I was unable to add the new Quicken account as an Express Web account, I contacted Verizon Wireless who, in turn, directed me to Synchrony Bank -- who, in turn, directed me to Quicken. I'll continue to go in circles until I can break through at some point. As mentioned above, I hope other Quicken users will do the same.
    Hi @jtgdc ,

Contact Quicken Support on Monday.

• jtgdcjtgdc Member ✭✭
    Status update, 7/13/2020: Quicken User Support was unable to find in its registers a valid url corresponding to the new Verizon Visa Card (https://verizonvisacard.syf.com). Synchrony Bank states that Quicken needs to link to this url. There is no other url.
    jtgdc said:
    Status update, 7/13/2020: Quicken User Support was unable to find in its registers a valid url corresponding to the new Verizon Visa Card (https://verizonvisacard.syf.com). Synchrony Bank states that Quicken needs to link to this url. There is no other url.
    Hi @jtgdc ,

Just flagged your post to escalate this problem.

• lakemannlakemann Member
    Hopefully they will get it set up soon for the https://verizonvisacard.syf.com as the site they have is wrong and useless.
  • JimAbshireJimAbshire Member ✭✭
    I will ask the Quicken Support team to help resolve the issue we are having with linking https://verizonvisacard.syf.com to quicken. The QS team can reach out to the SYF/Verizon team to provide the necessary integration that we are asking for through this thread. Please make this happen! Thank you All for your Time and Support!
  • I am having the same issue. I assume this has not been taken care of yet.
    I received the following info today from Synchrony Bank:

===============

To: J.Ab_____

July 20, 2020

2020-07-20 13:29:36.633 Verizon Visa Card Customer Service
    Verizon Visa Card Technical Support
    Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your Verizon Visa Card account, and the opportunity to be of service to you.

We are aware of this issue and are working diligently to correct it. Notification will be sent to you, once it is resolved.

We appreciate you as a valued Verizon Visa Card Customer and hope you will continue to enjoy the benefits of Card. If you have any questions or if we may be of further assistance, please contact us via the Online Message Center.

Sincerely,

Rebeca S.
    Customer Service

Account is owned by Synchrony Bank
    ===============

I will post as soon as I get notification.

Please stay Safe and Healthy!
  • MisterbillMisterbill Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 20
    Not sure why Synchrony needs to do anything other than telling Quicken to add it to their list. I was able to add it in [removed] so the interface is there. It's also not working in [removed], I just reported it to them.
    Hello Misterbill,

Would you be able to post the name you used when activating the Financial Institution setup for online processing (One Setup Update)? I've tried "Verizon Visa" and "Synchrony Bank Credit Cards" with no luck. Any help you can provide will be appreciated. Thanks .. Stay Safe and Healthy
    edited July 20
    Sorry, you misunderstood my post. I do not have it working on Quicken (or [removed]). I did manage to get it to work on [removed].
  • Don120@[email protected] Member ✭✭
    When I contacted synchrony bank they told me that this card is a stand-alone card from Verizon so not sure it will ever work. I have a lazboy card that would never work either. Synchrony apparently just does the bookkeeping.
    edited July 20
    If by "bookkeeping" you mean that they process the applications, issue the cards, process the charges and payments, send out the statements, then yes, "all" they do is the bookkeeping.

I see that my reference to a competitor site has been redacted (which is pretty foolish, but whatever) so I will simply say that another aggregation site does support it properly, so it can be done. And Quicken supports several Synchrony cards as separate entries (see attached image), so there is no reason why they can't do this one (and your La-Z-Boy card).
  • rkshackrkshack Member
    Any Progress?
    rkshack
    > @rkshack said:
    > Any Progress?
    > rkshack

I haven't tried recently. Have you?
  • rkshackrkshack Member
    Just got my card tonight. Still the same thing. It is pointing to visa.com
    edited July 24
    Maybe I'll email Synchrony as well. Can't hurt to have them hear about it from multiple people, even if they claim to be working on it.

Update: I emailed them and they told me to call them.

We received your email request and need more information. Please contact us at 866 313 9396, so we can best assist. We look forward to talking with you, and are here to help when you need us.
    You will learn that from talking to them, they will direct you to using Mint and don't support Quicken. Something they won't put into an Email.

• tluddytluddy Member
    Same problem here as of 7/25/20
  • tluddytluddy Member
    There is not even a way to contact Synchrony on the "Verizon Visa" website!
  • FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Misterbill,

Please get back to us after you call Synchrony.  Can't wait to hear what they have to say...

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
    edited July 25
    > @tluddy said:
    > There is not even a way to contact Synchrony on the "Verizon Visa" website!

Actually, there is. Look for Messsages in small type in the menu at the very top of the page. They do a great job of hiding it.
This discussion has been closed.