Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Verizon Visa at Synchrony Bank - Unable to set up

2»

Answers

• MisterbillMisterbill Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 25
    > @Frankx said:
    > @Misterbill,
    >
    > Please get back to us after you call Synchrony.  Can't wait to hear what they have to say...
    >
    > Frankx

I think I'm going to pass. I have no problem doing email, but phone can be annoying when you wast time for them to give you crappy answers.
    > @thecreator said:
    > You will learn that from talking to them, they will direct you to using Mint and don't support Quicken. Something they won't put into an Email.

But they do support Quicken, on several of their cards.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    If Synchrony didn't have such good rates on CDs I would never use them, at least not with Quicken, they seems to have a terrible record of support for Quicken.  To update my CD account takes at least three times longer than any other account I have (at least it completes).  Given that I only have one interest transaction a month, I put in a reminder and update that one separate from One Step Update.

But like Citibank they also tend to be "go to" provider a lot of stores and such use for their credit cards. The "hallmark" of both the Citibank and Synchrony store credit cards is that they are only supported with Express Web Connect and all its problems.

Whereas the "good credit cards" I have are all supported with Direct Connect and seldom ever have any problems.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @thecreator said:
    > You will learn that from talking to them, they will direct you to using Mint and don't support Quicken. Something they won't put into an Email.

But they do support Quicken, on several of their cards.
    Hi @Misterbill ,

Yes, but Quicken is very, very slow in making changes. Ebates became Rakuten. When you search for Rakuten Credit Card, it is not found at all. When New Quicken Users come onboard and they obtain the Rakuten Cash Back Visa Credit Card, they are in the same boat as the New Verizon Credit Card.Users are in.

Rakuten at: https://rakutencard.syf.com/login/

Verizon at:  https://verizonvisacard.syf.com/login/

Also Synchrony Bank, itself, does not support Quicken for its Savings Accounts or Checking Accounts. Synchrony Bank supports Mint.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R28.24 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20211.1000
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19041.508

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

Yes, but Quicken is very, very slow in making changes. 

It think the it is Intuit that is very, very slow in making changes.  They are the ones that provide Express Web Connect, and in all the years I have ever seen they are extremely slow to do anything.
    edited July 25
    > @Chris_QPW said:
    > (Quote)
    > It think the it is Intuit that is very, very slow in making changes.  They are the ones that provide Express Web Connect, and in all the years I have ever seen they are extremely slow to do anything.

But what do they need to do other than add another entry to their table? It's not like this is a new provider.

And can someone explain why when I click on Quote here it comes up in old style "Usenet" quoting and not the nice HTML? Plus I got this popup box:

The quote had to be converted from Html to TextEx. Some formatting may have been lost.

But what do they need to do other than add another entry to their table? It's not like this is a new provider.

It is hard to say what really needs to be changed.  Express Web Connect isn't a set protocol that you just change a URL and your done.  It is an "agreement" between the financial institution and Intuit on how the Intuit servers will log in as you and get the transactions in some "agreed format", which can be different for different financial institutions and in the case of all these consolidated credit cards, maybe even different formats for that.  And then the data has to be converted into a format that Quicken understands.

So it might be just a URL or it might be a lot more, but frankly I think that the whole system so fragile that they are constantly having to make changes to their "scripts" that do this work for each financial institution that the waiting line just to get someone to look at it is very long.
    > @thecreator said:

But @JimAbshire got a reply saying that they were working on it. I expected to get the same thing, not told to call.
    Chris_QPW said:

It think the it is Intuit that is very, very slow in making changes.  They are the ones that provide Express Web Connect, and in all the years I have ever seen they are extremely slow to do anything.
    Hi ,

You are correct, but when I called Quicken Premium Support Number and spoke to someone, whose name, I did not record, stated that Intuit is not involved with Quicken any longer. I just did not wish to get into an argument with him.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R28.24 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

You are correct, but when I called Quicken Premium Support Number and spoke to someone, whose name, I did not record, stated that Intuit is not involved with Quicken any longer. I just did not wish to get into an argument with him.
    What a given Quicken support person doesn't know could fill....

Quicken Inc doesn't have the resources to manage a system like Express Web Connect, which is mainly due to the fact that is such a rotten system only created because the financial institutions won't support any standardize way to do this.
  • tluddytluddy Member
    Thank you. I had not seen that before. I will see what they say. Disappointing functionality for sure at this time
  • jpratt011jpratt011 Member
    I had the same problem and the same response from Synchrony. Hopefully Quicken can add this new card to their list. I'll check back to see if this gets resolved. Thanks!
    Chris_QPW said:
    What a given Quicken support person doesn't know could fill....

Quicken Inc doesn't have the resources to manage a system like Express Web Connect, which is mainly due to the fact that is such a rotten system only created because the financial institutions won't support any standardize way to do this.

So who manages it?  And why doesn't Quicken have the resources to manage it? Isn't their product the main user of it? Does the competitor website owned by Intuit own it? Their product is supporting the Verizon Visa card already.
    Chris_QPW said:

Hi @Chris_QPW ,

I wonder what happens, if Intuit is really behind Quicken, Inc.,.even though publicly, they state that Intuit no longer owns, which is a lie, pulls the plug on Quicken?

Why is it a lie? Quicken, Inc.,  is paying a royalty to Intuit, Inc. for use of the Quicken Name. It states at the bottom of this page, that "Quicken is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc."

• tesolmarktesolmark Member
    I went to my Verizon Visa account and typed in my question concerning Quicken on their virtual assistant. The assistant said to export my previous statement charges and other charges into Quicken. I did that and now I have all my charges in Quicken. I'm wondering if I have to do this manually or if it will be done from now on. We will see. At least I know how to download future charges if it's not done automatically.
  • tesolmarktesolmark Member
    It now looks like my account is set up on my Quicken and I'm hoping I can get the charges onto Quicken automatically. We will see. Look for "export" on your Verizon Visa credit card charges, put in the right information and it will download them into your Quicken account.
    edited August 1
    tesolmark said:
    It now looks like my account is set up on my Quicken and I'm hoping I can get the charges onto Quicken automatically. We will see. Look for "export" on your Verizon Visa credit card charges, put in the right information and it will download them into your Quicken account.
    Glad that works for you but I don't consider it to be an acceptable solution, especially when they do support it for other Synchrony cards. And I'm not using the card enough to care that my transactions aren't in Quicken.
  • FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder what happens, if Intuit is really behind Quicken, Inc.,.even though publicly, they state that Intuit no longer owns, which is a lie, pulls the plug on Quicken?

Why is it a lie? Quicken, Inc.,  is paying a royalty to Intuit, Inc. for use of the Quicken Name. It states at the bottom of this page, that "Quicken is a registered trademark of Intuit, Inc."

These statement are, quite frankly, not only ridiculous and dishonest, but outrageous.  

Intuit is a public company, traded on the NASDAQ. Quicken, Inc. is private company, that still contracts with Intuit to provide certain services. Those services being provided by Intuit are, apparently in the view of both parties, to their mutual benefit.  If what you are more that just implying were true, Intuit would be in a heap of trouble.  But they aren't.

Public companies do business with private companies (and vice versa) all the time when it mutually benefits the parties.  Based on your posts, you probably have no experience or knowledge of/with either.

If you have some specific detailed evidence that the relationship between the two are in some way nefarious - as you are clearly implying - please enlighten us.  But that ridiculous "trademark myth" is not even close.  As they say at the poker table - "put up or shut up".

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R28.24 - Build 27.1.28.24  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 1909
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello all,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and report that you are unable to add the Verizon Visa card as the URL is either incorrect or unavailable.

If Quicken is displaying an incorrect Homepage URL, the financial institution will need to report this URL change to the Quicken financial services provider through their account manager.

This is the only method, as the financial institution can confirm that the URL in Quicken is truly incorrect and not just experiencing temporary difficulties. 

https://www.quicken.com/support/quicken-uses-incorrect-url-online-banking

This thread is now being closed as it has become argumentative.

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
This discussion has been closed.