Home Quicken for Mac Errors and Troubleshooting (Mac)

What to do when some of your categories names change to numbers? (Q Mac)

s.coniglio3s.coniglio3 Member ✭✭
Recently some of my categories names (several) changed to numbers?

Answers

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    edited July 12
    Hello @s.coniglio3,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community regarding your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

First, could you please provide which version of Quicken you are running?
    • Windows - Help > About Quicken
    • Mac - Quicken > About Quicken
    Also, you categorized your question under Quicken on the Web. So, just to clarify, is this only happening on the Quicken Web App or is this happening on your main desktop program as well?
    -Quicken Anja
  • s.coniglio3s.coniglio3 Member ✭✭
    I am using Mac for Quicken.
    See attached.
    Please advise how to correct it.
    Thanks
  • Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for providing the additional information.

I've sent you a message regarding this issue, if you could please check your inbox.

Thank you.
    -Quicken Anja
  • Allen H guntzAllen H guntz Member
    I'm having the same problem on quicken for mac-Desktop computer.
  • s.coniglio3s.coniglio3 Member ✭✭
    Hi: Allen
    After speaking to Tech support, I had to go back to a saved backup file from an earlier date that did not have the problem and re-entry all my entries. According to Tech. support, I may have done a Quicken update while I was working on my file and that could have caused the problem.
  • jacobsjacobs SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Allen H guntz  @s.coniglio3 This problem in the past has seemed to be an issue between Quicken Mac and mobile/cloud syncing. You'll likely need to go back to your most recent backup. You may want to read this thread, which detailed other people having this problem, and links to other threads reporting similar problems. I believe it is an issue between Quicken Mac and Quicken mobile/cloud data, and you'll need to revert to your most recent backup before this happened, but because I've never seen it first-hand (and I don't use mobile sync), and I don't want to try to dispense too much advice here.
    QMac 2007 & QMac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Allen H guntzAllen H guntz Member
    I don't use mobile sync either. My problems started after the last update too 15.17.2.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Allen H guntz

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue.

I have sent you a direct message, please navigate to the inbox in the top right-hand corner of the Community page and check your inbox.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka