Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Can't download from GTE Financial - Again

Why are there frequent problems with GTE Financial downloads? Reset doesn't work. So I disabled all online GTE accounts. Tried to link them back up to GTE and now I get an error "Sorry we encountered an error. It's not your fault." Tyr again doesn't work and I get the same error. I AM able to successfully log in to the GTE online banking website.
gte.JPG 67.2K
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    Still down today. same error. Is anyone in tech support investigating this?
  • canoe32canoe32 Member ✭✭✭
    I'm getting CC-601 "We cannot find an account with non-zero balance or with any transaction in the last 12 months. Please check on your FI website and try again". Also, their login page is taking a long time to load. I was able to login and download a QFX file, which I will use until they get things working again.
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    I just spent 2.5 hours on the phone with a very nice woman with Quicken support. We tried every which way to get this to work, including using a Quicken datafile from three weeks ago, before the problem started. No results. This has to be another issue (again) with the Quicken or GTE servers. FYI - the GTE webpage isn't slow at all for me. Somewhere in an earlier closed thread, when GTE was having problems, there is a phone number for a person at GTE who is responsible for the web integration. I'll see if I can find, and publish it!
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    Add another 2 hours (seriously) to this. Finally got them to agree to escalate it. Very aggravating.
  • isthistexasisthistexas Member
    Looks like it has been broken since the 10th. I think last time the root cause was GTE rolling out the new credit card platform. Are you guys downloading csv files from online banking? Will that cause issues once the server begins receiving data again?
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    Hey - QUICKEN! Please answer our pleas and give us some kind of update or at least acknowledge the problem.

Has anyone found the post (maybe last year) with the woman's name and number at GTE?
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    Getting the 501 errors today. At least it's now letting me know something is wrong. Previously it would just go along like nothing was wrong but didn't download any activity. Very dangerous.

I was able to successfully use the QFX method to get my activity from the 9th forward. I looked back at the old tickets. Interestingly enough, it was almost the exact same time this happened last year.
    > @isthistexas said:
    > Are you guys downloading csv files from online banking? Will that cause issues once the server begins receiving data again?

I have downloaded the CSV in the past (just to see what it looked like) and the QFX multiple times and have had no problems resuming normal downloads once things were fixed.
  • Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello everyone,

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I'd like to look further into this but in order to do so I'll need to collect logs from a user or two. If you'd be willing to submit them please let me know and I'll then message you instructions on how to do so. I will also need to know whether you are using windows or mac. 

Once you get the chance just let me know and I'll be sending out the message!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    Please refer to Ticket ID:7796635
    I sent SIX sets of logs to the secure file transfer page while working with a Quicken tech. The unfortunate tech was obviously being coached by someone who didn't know what they were doing. This went on for over four hours.
    Getting CC-505 errors for each of my GTE Financial accounts today, no longer getting CC-601.
  • bgerberbgerber Member ✭✭
    Been patient this week...having all the same issues posted above, when is this going to be resolved?
    Believe that GTE Financial changed their website last weekend and CC-505 appeared this weekend and continues...
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    Quicken Francisco - hello? Did you get my logs from Ticket ID:7796635. Not that I think they will help because it is not a DB file error.
  • bizmailbizmail Member ✭✭
    I am also receiving cc-505, last time it worked was 7/10/20 8 AM
    As if we didn't have enough problems...
    Google Chrome has started blocking my download of the QFX file from GTE Financial, saying it may be dangerous. I had to switch to Firefox to download it.
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    Same thing here:
    "We've found that the website you tried to download the file from has been known to distribute malware." FYI - Quicken - THIS IS NOT THE PROBLEM WITH QU not downloading.
    I know that I applied a Quicken patch (upgrade) now R27.28 Build 27.1.27.28 also around this time, trouble is I never observed if this surfaced before or after? too many variables... Also placed a ticket with GTE Financial this morning with their IT. We have to go after this on both ends until this is resolved, I (we) rely on this way too much to not have this work.... Believe that all of the data is scraped via the web interface, not a legacy server like the old days, trying to determine this. I had removed the interface and of course when I try to set it up like the very first time I get the cc-505 error, so you really can't do anything at this point.. you can't even login from the first time setup initiation...
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    Don't know why this repetitively happens with GTE. I am connected to "Express Web Connect" with five other banks. Never had a problem with them.
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.
    >
    >  I attempted to add an account with GTE Financial in my personal Quicken data file, using the Express Web Connect method, with fake login credentials and instead of receiving an invalid login error, as I should, I instead also receive the CC-505 error.
    >
    > I also tested in my Quicken for Mac data file and received the same 505/105 error using Quicken Connect.
    >
    > This led me to review the log files that detail the internal communications between Quicken and the financial institutions servers, where I was able to locate the following error, confirming that currently GTE Financial is not allowing consistent connections from Quicken.
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > At this time, we recommend allowing up to 48 hours and then attempting to add/update accounts with GTE Financial once again.
    >
    > If this error persists for longer than 48 hours, please contact Quicken Support and reference Alert #7808705.
    >
    > If you have already opened an escalation ticket with Quicken Support, you will automatically receive an email once this issue has been resolved and connections restored.
    >
    > Web Connect files are created and downloaded directly from the Financial Institution website and unfortunately Quicken is unable to resolve issues with downloaded Web Connect files, due to not having access to the financial institution systems.
    >
    > If you are experiencing an error/problem with a downloaded Web Connect file, please contact the Financial Institution Online Banking team to report the error.
    >
    > I hope this information is helpful and thank you again for reporting this error to the community.
    >
    > Sarah

> @Quicken Sarah said:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the Community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.
    >
    >  I attempted to add an account with GTE Financial in my personal Quicken data file, using the Express Web Connect method, with fake login credentials and instead of receiving an invalid login error, as I should, I instead also receive the CC-505 error.
    >
    > I also tested in my Quicken for Mac data file and received the same 505/105 error using Quicken Connect.
    >
    > This led me to review the log files that detail the internal communications between Quicken and the financial institutions servers, where I was able to locate the following error, confirming that currently GTE Financial is not allowing consistent connections from Quicken.
    >
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > At this time, we recommend allowing up to 48 hours and then attempting to add/update accounts with GTE Financial once again.
    >
    > If this error persists for longer than 48 hours, please contact Quicken Support and reference Alert #7808705.
    >
    > If you have already opened an escalation ticket with Quicken Support, you will automatically receive an email once this issue has been resolved and connections restored.
    >
    > Web Connect files are created and downloaded directly from the Financial Institution website and unfortunately Quicken is unable to resolve issues with downloaded Web Connect files, due to not having access to the financial institution systems.
    >
    > If you are experiencing an error/problem with a downloaded Web Connect file, please contact the Financial Institution Online Banking team to report the error.
    >
    > I hope this information is helpful and thank you again for reporting this error to the community.
    >
    > Sarah

I already delt with this on Monday and provided Quicken support with SIX sets of logs. Monday was more than 48hrs ago. Please reference Ticket ID:7796635
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    edited July 17
    avpman said:
    > @Quicken Sarah said:
    >
    >  

I already delt with this on Monday and provided Quicken support with SIX sets of logs. Monday was more than 48hrs ago. Please reference Ticket ID:7796635
    Hello @avpman

Thank you for providing the reference number, as mentioned above, if you have already contacted Support and opened a case, you will receive automatically receive notification via email once your case has been resolved.

Hope this helps!

Sarah
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    Whoever was advising the agent at the time prohibited her from escalating it. Can you confirm this has been escalated or do we have to wait another 48hrs to do so?
    edited July 18
    The Assistant Vice President, Digital Banking & Application Development person at GTE Financial just told me: The team has been in contact with Quicken/Intuit and are working with them to troubleshoot the connectivity between the two organizations. I will keep you posted.
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    👍🙏👍
    Thanks!
    Sarah, is there an Alert number created for the issue, as done in the past, that we can track?
  • jnllessmillerjnllessmiller Member
    I have been retrying since July 12th when this started and still the same each day. I have tried to reset account in quicken and also failed. I have sent in my one step update summary four time from quicken to support but I am not getting an response. This is not a new account, new install or upgrade. :/ :#
  • Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod

Hello @jnllessmiller

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. We're currently experiencing issues with GTE Financial. We're currently aware of the issue and and working on fixing it as well. There's also another thread with users that have been experiencing the same issues down below.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20106258#Comment_20106258

I would recommend following it for more updates from users as well.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    Why is this not listed as a known banking issue or an alert?
  • avpmanavpman Member ✭✭
    I'm still getting the 501 error today. Anyone else?
    ***Quicken - may we please have an alert number so we can be automatically notified of a fix?***
This discussion has been closed.