I am done with Quicken Cloud

Over the past several weeks I have noticed some of my Quicken accounts in the Windows version have had duplicate and missing transactions. I know this because I maintain a 2nd file with Quicken for Mac as well as the venerable Quicken 2007—always have. This past weekend I found two duplicate deposits from May 2018, one had the correct split entries and the other one didn't. I deleted the latter and the balances matched. Today it showed up again. Same duplicate transactions. I deduced that it picked it up from the Cloud. So I tried to reset my Cloud data. After about 40 minutes Quicken just froze and I had to force exit the application. I have since turned off Cloud sync. Completely untrustworthy for me.

Several weeks ago, while reconciling an account in the Windows file, I noticed the balances were way off. I then found several duplicate transactions going back 5-6 years! I tried to Validate and Repair the file and, lo and behold, it completely deleted the first 10-15 transactions in my checking account. Seriously!!!??? I trashed the file and opened a backup with the hope that would help matters. But now I'm not sure.

I am very close to trashing Quicken Windows altogether here.

Comments

• Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I hate say it, but I don't think you will find any "SuperUser/long time user posting on here" that work recommend Quicken cloud syncing for anything other than testing purposes.  It just has too much risk.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • J D Thomas
    J D Thomas Member ✭✭
    I now tend to agree with that view.
This discussion has been closed.