Quicken Doesn't Launch Properly After Windows 10 Update

After installing Windows 10 Update KB4565503, Quicken no longer opens properly. Text doesn't appear within the UI and I'm unable to enter the password for my data file. It doesn't accept keyboard input. Has anyone experienced this recently?

Best Answer

• Orlanzo
    Orlanzo Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you everyone for your reply. I noticed the same behavior was occurring in other applications like Task Manager. I'm not sure of the underlying cause within the Windows Update, but two additional reboots resolved this problem for me.

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just installed that update and Quicken looks fine on my machine.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • TeaChap2020
    TeaChap2020 Member
    I started having a similar problem this morning. I made an entry correction. Closed the program. Then tried to start Quicken again about 5-10 minutes later. All that displays is the Memorized Transaction window. Program will not accept keyboard, or mouse input. All I can do is use the Task Manager to exit the program.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Usually when people report that Quicken isn't working right after a Windows update the best advice is to first try installing the latest Mondo patch install from here:
    Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows

And if that doesn't do it use this procedure to get a clean uninstall (use Steps "First" and "Second") and then reinstall Quicken.
    Using QcleanUI to Fix Installation Issues with Quicken for Windows
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Orlanzo
    Orlanzo Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thank you everyone for your reply. I noticed the same behavior was occurring in other applications like Task Manager. I'm not sure of the underlying cause within the Windows Update, but two additional reboots resolved this problem for me.
This discussion has been closed.