Error OL-301-A on AIG Valic Retirement services

Are others receiving this error with Valic (AIG Retirement Services)? Last successful download was July 11.

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Oftentimes, this error comes up when the FI does system maintenance.  System maintenance is often done by FIs on weekends and once the maintenance is done the connection is restored. 
    But it is now Tuesday so that is not likely anymore.  So, I first would try refreshing the FI information per the article at this link:  https://www.quicken.com/support/error-when-using-online-services-ol-301.
    Then try Update Now (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Update Now).
    If this doesn't work, I would then try Reset Account (Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Reset Account).
    If this doesn't work:
    1. Backup your data file for quick retrieval in case something goes wrong.
    2. Account Register > upper right Gear icon > Edit Account Details > Online Services tab > Deactivate > General tab > remove all the FI information in the upper right quadrant of this tab > Online Services tab > Set Up Now > follow the prompts:   During the set up process be sure to Link to your existing account or Quicken will likely set up a new account for your.  Also, this process might download transactions into your register that will be duplicates of what is already there.  If this happens, you will need to manually delete those duplicate transactions.
    If none of these processes work, you will probably need to contact your FI to get resolution.  If the Customer Service person you talk to isn't of any help (many Customer Service people know very little, if anything, about Quicken) ask to be connected with someone in their Tech Support and ask to be connected with someone who knows something about Quicken.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R33.24 on Windows 10)
  • Tom Hood
    Tom Hood Member ✭✭
    Experiencing same issue
  • NAPickering
    NAPickering Member
    Same issue here, resetting and deactivating don't work and it will not reactivate after deactivation.
  • darrin gullion
    darrin gullion Member ✭✭
    Agree. I noticed they required me to reset my two-factor authentication and security too.
  • I am having the same problem for the last couple of days connecting and downloading. Perform deactivate and could not reactivate after removing information.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Has anyone posting here completed all the steps spelled out in my original post above?  It seems like everyone has stopped before the final step.
  • I have tried all steps with no success.
  • UNCLogans
    UNCLogans Member ✭✭✭
    Same issue.
  • darrin gullion
    darrin gullion Member ✭✭
    I've tried all before posting here except contacting the financial institution. That is why my original question was if others were experiencing the same issue I was experiencing.
  • Boatnmaniac
    The final step is not deactivate/reactivate.  Per the link to the referenced Quicken article  and the steps in Quicken spelled out in my 1st post in this thread, the final step is to contact the financial institution (FI). 
    OL errors are usually something that the FI needs to resolve because it indicates there is an issue within their system.  Quicken Support cannot fix them because Quicken has no access to the internal workings of a FI's system.
    If we get an OL message for can't connect, FI not responding, FI rejected access, etc. it is usually an indication that the FI is doing system maintenance and the problem will go away on it's own once that system maintenance is completed.  But if it continues for more than a couple of days and if the steps we can take from within Quicken aren't working, then it requires us to contact the FI.
  • I am able to log into the FI website with the username and password without issue, just not through Quicken.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Being able to access your account on the FI website and accessing via Quicken are two separate things.  Usually it is possible to log into your online account even when Quicken cannot access it.  (Although it is safe to say that if the FI website is down you won't be able to log into your account nor will Quicken be able to access your account.)
  • darrin gullion
    darrin gullion Member ✭✭
    I was just able to download my AIG Valic accounts. (July 17, 6:30 EST).
    I have more than one account there, and I only deactivated one. The others downloaded successfully, so I reactivated the one, and it is now good. It probably had something to do with their security change.

I wouldn't assume if the FI site is down that quicken cannot access. Two different doors.
  • This seems to be resolved.
This discussion has been closed.