Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Entering a bill into the register from a reminder sometimes causes the following reminder to be flag

I use quicken strictly as a register (no billpay from Quicken). I typically set certain recurring bills to pop-up a month before they are due as a reminder. Lately when I am doing this one or more of them will enter the current reminder, but also then mark the next one as skipped. This started happening within the past 2 or 3 weeks.

Answers

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?  Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    Are any of these reminders paycheck or loan payment reminders?
    Are you able to reset the reminder to the correct next due date?

• Mike S H
    Mike S H Member
    Yr: 2020; V:R27.28; Build: 27.1.27.28
    Windows 10 Home

Reminders are for manual payments (some are actually online payments, but controlled through bank, not Quicken).

A week ago I simply deleted a couple and re-added them. That got them squared away, but not something you want to be doing often. Today I went in and changed the advance days for newly "skipped" reminders from 31 days to 30 days before due. (I want to see what is known for at least a month in the future at any time.) The change to 30 days reset the status from "Skipped" to "Upcoming." I should note that the dates in all cases were at least 45 days in the future, so should not have even been offered yet, much less marked as skipped.

I will see if this ends the random "skip" for reminders that should not even be considered yet. However, I note that this is not a reasonably logical fix for the problem.
  • Mike S H
    Mike S H Member
    OK. Epic fail. Let me start over. I have bill reminders set for roughly 1 month prior to their transaction dates so I can see the month in advance. So shortly after I make a payment, I will get a reminder to enter the next one. I generally let that sit until the details for the amount due (if any) is received, then deal with it. After the previous run through this issue, I deleted all bill reminders and reentered them. Upon the advance date of the first of them to occur, I entered them in the usual manner. After clicking on the button to enter the bill, it reappears with the next month's due date (now almost 2 months in advance) and marks its status as "Skipped." The reminders are set to appear 30 days in advance. So this morning I entered 3 bills that will be due on September 28. And now the system says I have 3 bills due with due dates of 10/28 (60 days in advance) and they have a status of skipped.

Still using Quicken Deluxe, 2020, v R28.23, Build 27.1.28.23. Using Windows 10 Home (it is automatically updating).

I'm beginning to wish that Quicken had some real competition so they would be more responsive. After reading the boards, it seems that bill reminders continually has crazy problems like this.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    edited August 2020
    Hello @Mike S H

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report that you're experiencing this trouble.

This is an ongoing issue that has been occurring for quite some time.

May I ask that you navigate to Help > Report a Problem and title the subject "QWIN-12646" and submit the logs as well as a sanitized data file if you are comfortable with doing so.

This report will help us to investigate this issue further.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Mike S H
    Mike S H Member
    I set the message up and sent it then realized I gave no description or comment. Should I send a duplicate, or at least one with the same header to describe the problem?
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @Mike S H

Thank you for the response!

Please just submit another report that includes the details, the original report will just be disregarded in the blank.

Please let me know if you have further questions or encounter further problems!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Mike S H
    Mike S H Member
    OK, it has been a month and a half since my last post. I sent the information to Quicken as requested, but as of today, the problem persists. After going to the trouble of deleting out all of the existing reminders and after a week reentering them, there have now been 15 reminders that have again advised to enter validly (as I defined them), have been entered, and have immediately become labeled as "skipped" with respect to the next reminder (generally about 60 days in the future at the time of the error and not legitimately up for consideration). So I respectfully request a new look at this issue, or a reasonable belief that there is some error in the overall installation for which a complete burn-down and reinstallation would be (again) required.
This discussion has been closed.