Quicken Premier Error OL-293-A

When I try to execute one step update I get OL-293-A from Fidelity Investment and Quicken. Called tech help and got connected with tech help, who told me that it will cost me $199.99 to fix this error. I am sure it was a third party tech support and definitely India based (Tech Names were Indian)
Question
: How to fix this error? This is the first time it has happened. I am using quicken Premier 2018 Subscription version, and it is up-to-date in subscription.

Thanks

Comments

• Quicken Francisco
    Quicken Francisco Moderator mod
    edited July 2020

Hello @Ramesh Ghodgaonkar

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue.  From the sounds of it you potentially called a scammer as support is included with the subscription. I would recommend blocking them from your phone just in case they try to give you a call back.  

In your case you do have the premium number as well included with premier which you can find by going to the sign in page here and once signed in you'll see the number in the top right side of the page under Quicken Premium Support. 

As for troubleshooting have you looked at the article here? It lists steps that you can take in order to troubleshooting the 293 error and give you more information about what is happening. I would recommend trying each step to see what all we can find.

Once you get a chance let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• Hello @Quicken Francisco

Yes, you are correct about scammer. I called the quicken help desk and he was able to resolve my issue. It seems my data file was damaged. The "Validate/Repair" did not work. The file was beyond repair. The tech explained the cause as "using the same account for years damaged the file. His advice - create a new file with an account with Fidelity Investments. Fortunately, I backup my files everyday. I had to restore the "last working" file to Quicken and everything worked. The Tech was extremely helpful
  • @Ramesh Ghodgaonkar

Awesome to hear that you were able to get it back up and running! Always good to have backups when trying to fix an issue  :)

If you do run into any more issues let us know!

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco

This discussion has been closed.