Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

How do I download the entire calendar year's transactions from my bank?

I have searched my bank site and do not see any option to download a quicken file. I previously had Quickbooks which had a feature for me to designate the date range. Same bank, same account. Can I do this in Quicken also?

Answers

• volvogirlvolvogirl SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Here's a link that might help. How to download older transactions 

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7160091/faq-download-old-transactions

• Frank CFrank C Member
    Thanks. I had read that response and visited my bank's site. The only exports that were available were .pdf and .xls
    No reference to Web Connect or .qfx
    I'll try calling customer service at the bank. Wait 6hrs for a tech and see what they say. Thanks again
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 17
    EDITED:
    There is a way to change the starting date that Quicken sends for requesting transactions, but it will most likely be ignored.

When you first connect an account for downloading transactions Quicken send a starting date that is very old letting the financial institution decide on how far back to go.  A typically number is 90 days.

If you select Tools -> Online Center Select the Financial institution in question, and then hold down Ctrl+Shift and click on Contact Info you will get a Refresh Online Transaction Information dialog.
    Select the account in question and select the Reset DTSTART button and put in the date you want.  Select Refresh and then Update/Send...

(I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Frank CFrank C Member
    That got me 90 days. Not really what I needed. I'll be doing a lot of manual recording come tax time next year I guess. Thanks for the input.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank C said:
    That got me 90 days. Not really what I needed. I'll be doing a lot of manual recording come tax time next year I guess. Thanks for the input.
    What bank ?
    And it is TOTALLY up to the bank as far as WHAT they make avail for downloading,
    and the FORMATS that are used.....
    Quicken is just receiving whatever the bank is creating and sending...

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 18
    Frank C said:

You can use a Excel to QIF or QFX converter to get those older transactions.
    Here is mine, and you should be able to get this kind of one time download done with no problem within the 30 free trial period.
    FAQ: A program to add the account name and type to QIF files so that Quicken will import them. — Quicken

Note that Quicken Subscription QIF imports don't "process" the imported transactions, they go straight into the register.  No renaming rules, no memorize payees to get the categories, ...  (But the program above has the ability to do these and put them in the QIF file, which will flow into the Quicken transactions).  For QFX there isn't any way to do the renaming/categories and such outside of Quicken, but of course you can just use Quicken's normal processing for these.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Frank CFrank C Member
    I do appreciate the input, though you've made a number of assumptions based on one small quip on my part and off you go on an unnecessary rant. Have you tried CBD Gummies?
    Seriously though, thank you. I have downloaded the software but am only able to download limited transactions from the bank site into an .xls, despite the date options they provide. I'll be calling the bank again on Monday. Once I've established an acceptable excel file, I feel this will work for me.
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frank C said:
    I do appreciate the input,
    You still have not told us what bank ??

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
This discussion has been closed.