Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

I didn´t renew - How to change my Mac

Hi, I already complain a lot because large renew banner after subscription end date without pay more, but now I am moving to a new Mac and I can't reinstall Quicken at new Mac because is is showing me a message informing "Your Deluxe membership expired before this version of Quicken was released". I just went to my Quicken account and download only available version. How to download last version I used prior my subscription expired? I don't my old Mac anymore and I can't open my Quicken data file

Comments

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Reinstalling won't help.  You'll still have an expired subscription and won't be able to open your Q data file.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    NotACPA said:
    Reinstalling won't help.  You'll still have an expired subscription and won't be able to open your Q data file.
    @NotACPA That's just isn't right! Anyone should be able to open their existing data file -- and add to it manually -- once their subscription has lapsed. It's the Quicken Data Guarantee.

@andersonandernet  You should be able to download the latest version you were using. What version does it give you to download? You may need to try to contact Quicken Support if your login to Quicken.com isn't allowing you to access the version you were using. 
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    NotACPA said:
    That isn't what the "Data Access Guarantee" says.

And I might add it isn't what happens with the Windows version.
    I have an old Quicken Id connected to an expired subscription that I use for testing such, and have no problems download and installing (and BTW it gives me the latest version) and opening/editing this data file.  Of course it does have the banner ads in it, but that is about it.

To honor their Guarantee they need to either provide an install for the older version or allow for installing/using the current version.  Also not telling the user after the fact that they should have save their old install area and use that isn't "proper".  (On a Mac you can just copy the folder where it is installed to another machine, something you can't do on Windows.)

They have painted themselves into a corner by no providing installs for each version (automatic update only) and then coding it so that it has a "date on the release" that they will not install past when it is newer than the expiring of the subscription.

Example new install and run using expired subscription connected to Quicken Id (Quicken Windows):

Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • andersonandernet
    andersonandernet Member ✭✭
    I am trying to contact support, but without successful. Chat is closed, Phone Support is closed, and I can't find a way to send a message to support describing my situation, only FAQ is available. How can I contact Quicken Support?
  • jacobs
    jacobs SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    Fist, make sure you are contacting the real Quicken Support. Do not Google it, because there are scam companies that say they provide Quicken support. Phone support is open 12 hours a day, weekdays. Chat support is open 24x7. You cannot email or otherwise send messages to Quicken Support.

Click the Learn and Support link at the top of this page, on the resulting page, scroll down to the blue box and click Talk To Support. Make sure your browser is set to allow pop-up windows or it will seem like nothing is happening. It will show the estimated wait time for both phone and chat support.
    Quicken Mac Subscription • Quicken user since 1993
  • andersonandernet
    andersonandernet Member ✭✭
    I could contact support by chat. Solution is:
    - Renew subscription
    - Open your data
    - Ask support to cancel your subscription

In case you change your Mac after subscription is expired and you need to download Quicken again, only latest version is available to Download, not "last version" you used.
This discussion has been closed.