Why has One-Step Update Stopped Working "as it normally should"?

I use OSU religiousy, every day and have done so for 10+years. After OSU, I address the accounts with the red flags to manually add or delete downloaded trasactions that appear at the bottom of the register. Beginning last week, however, accounts with red flags after OSU had no transactions to add/delete. If I use the "tools" tab to go to "Online Center," the downloaded transactions are there, but the only way for me to transfer them into the account is to edit the account settings to "Yes - always automatically enter transactions to this account" which is not what I wish to do. I'm using Quicken 2020 version R27.24.

Am I alone in this? I've gone to Support "Chat" twice with no success.

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @cbdep,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review and follow the step-by-step troubleshooting instructions found in this support article in regard to this particular issue.

I hope this helps and let us know if you have any additional questions!
    -Quicken Anja
  • cbdep
    cbdep Member
    My downloading issues continued to persist regardless of all of my attemps and QN's technical assistance to correct. I believe the issue was a corrupted Quicken file. I have since rebuilt my file making it much smaller and things are working fine now with the exception of by brokerage accounts. Rather than rebuilding these accounts with all prior transactions, I created new accounts (in my new file) with "beginning balances." Unfortunately now, and the reason for today's request for help, when I attempt to update my investment accounts I get almost three years worth of transactions which I no longer want to import. I've reverted to a recent back-up and am now wondering if there is a way for me to make Quicken import only recent transactions, or if that's not possible, wondering if there is a way for me to easily delete the transacions I do not want prior to them being imported into the account. Manually deleting each entry, while possible, is not going to be "fun" given the volume for each investment account. Any thoughts?
  • Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Thank you for your response.

In regards to limiting how many transactions you import for your investments-- If your financial institution allows you to download the transactions into a .QFX (Web Connect) file via their website, then you should be able to specify a timeframe. Otherwise, no, there would not be a way to limit the timeframe via direct downloads to the program as the financial institution sets the timeframe of how many transactions and how far back they release it. In which case, you would need to manually delete transactions and likely add an adjustment in order to correct the balance of the account after deleting those transactions.

Here is a support article with more information on .QFX (Web Connect).

I hope this helps!

-Quicken Anja
This discussion has been closed.