Trouble since R27/28 update(?)

Daddio25
Daddio25 Member ✭✭
Since I installed the R27.28 update I have been having some problems. At least that is when it appears to have started. I'm guessing that these are all related since they all started at the same time.

1. I see a "Syncing to the Quicken Cloud" message when I open my data file. I didn't ask for this.
2. In One Step Update some of my accounts no longer have password boxes (see image). The last file in the list is my checking account - it now updates without me entering a password? That is not okay. There is a backup that Quick created(?) before the update. It also has this problem. I went back to a backup file made before the R27.28 update and it is okay.
3. In Edit>Preferences>Quicken ID and Cloud Accounts I get a "We could not retrieve your Quicken Profile information." (see image) An odd thing about this one is that in the backup file that I made this morning, this is not and issue.

Thanks in advance.
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Ralph Basile
    Ralph Basile Member ✭✭
    I've had items 1 and 2 as well. Quicken is starting to fail badly in some major functions.
  • Daddio25
    Daddio25 Member ✭✭
    > @Ralph Basile said:
    > I've had items 1 and 2 as well.

Hi Ralph, Were you able to resolve these problems? Find the cause?
  • Ralph Basile
    Ralph Basile Member ✭✭
    Negative. After several hours with Quicken support, I finally spoke with a support suprvisor (3rd tier) who finally admitted that the Quicken update distributed July 1 was responsible. He said they are working on another update to undo all the damage the July 1 update did. I'm totally disgusted.
  • Daddio25
    Daddio25 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    > @Ralph Basile said:
    > Negative.

That's not very encouraging. :neutral: Hope they get their act together on this.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • Daddio25
    Daddio25 Member ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I've been doing some troubleshooting this morning. I noticed that the accounts that are effected are "Express Web Connect" type. The "Direct Connect" type seem to be okay.
  • mdnielsen
    mdnielsen Member ✭✭
    My accounts seem to be messed up now too since that release. I have two Chase credit card accounts that don't update. They use "Direct Connect" type. The passwords disappeared from the vault and when I try to manually updated it prompts me for password but when I enter it it pops up an error that says I need to update the password. I have no problem logging in to the Chase website outside of quicken. Almost all my other accounts also are no longer included in the update though I haven't tried to manually update any others yet. The only accounts left that update are my checking (Capital One 360) and Discover.
  • mdnielsen
    mdnielsen Member ✭✭
    I used to update Quicken every two years only to find none of the bugs I regularly experience ever get fixed. After switching to the subscription plan with regular "updates", I get new bugs every few months.
  • Daddio25
    Daddio25 Member ✭✭
    @mdnielsen
    In my case it is the Express Web Connect accounts that don't have the password boxes.

The weird thing is the accounts seem to update, even though I've never used the password vault. When I go to Tools>Password Vault the only option that is not grayed out is "Set up new Password Vault..." Has Quicken saved them anyway?? Not what I want.
  • Daddio25
    Daddio25 Member ✭✭
    @Chris_QPW Thanks for the link. Sorry for the double post. But I wasn't getting any responses that helped.
This discussion has been closed.