Home Current Online Banking Issues

RESOLVED: Raymond James: Quicken is unable to establish an Internet connection OL-297-A

mpgrabermpgraber Member
All other accounts/institutions are downloading fine. Are they having problems? Did they change their connection method? Google knows nothing recent, and I can't find anything on these boards yet.

Best Answers

Answers

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @mpgraber,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

If you haven't already, please review and follow the error-specific troubleshooting instructions found in this support article regarding error OL-297.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • Rick ShumwayRick Shumway Member ✭✭
    Found the same problem on my update from RJ this morning. Nothing but OL-297 errors and no tech help available from RJ. At least it's not late Friday afternoon with a deadline looming.
  • nstevensnstevens Member ✭✭
    Same problem only Raymond James cant connect. Get OL297A error. Tried all suggested fixes but no luck.
  • Dean RuckerDean Rucker Member ✭✭
    I am using Mac Version 5.17.2 (Build 517.34845.100). I cannot access my Raymond James account. Not getting any error codes. Deactivating and then reactivating account does not fix the problem. Please advise.
  • kinser816kinser816 Member
    Just talked to RJ Tech Support. They are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it. No ETA at this time.
  • gptriplegptriple Member
    I have not been able to download Raymond James data for several days now. last successful download was July 18.
  • Ron SRon S Member ✭✭✭
    Only Raymond James still can't connect. Get OL297A error. Tried all suggested fixes but no help.
  • grayworms53grayworms53 Member ✭✭
    Same here.
  • laufbadlaufbad Member ✭✭
    Having the same problem and would like a fix.
    But I have a work around to use until RJF and/or Quicken resolves:

1) Log on to the RJF website
    2) Click on "Portfolio" in the blue header section
    3) Click on the "Activity" tab
    4) Click on "Quicken Downloads" in the "Quick Links" pull down on the right side of the page
    5) Follow the instructions to download file with activity and then import that file into Quicken.
  • Donald GoldmanDonald Goldman Member ✭✭
    One Step update wont connect to Raymond James!
  • tbf47tbf47 Member ✭✭
    Began getting OL-297-A when updating EJ accounts. I am using Release R 29.28. I have logged in and out of EJ. I have rebooted. Still getting error message. Any advise would be appreciated.
  • lorraine3939lorraine3939 Member
    I spent 2 hours with Quicken support, set up test account but would not add my RJ accounts. Did suggested troubleshooting for this error. Didn't help. I can download from RJ accounts into Quicken. Spoke with with RJ. According to them, this problem is due to a Quicken system update, of which they were not notified, and now the systems can't communicate. RJ is working on it but have no time frame for resolution
  • TekcarTekcar Member
    Raymond James: Quicken is unable to establish an Internet connection OL-297-A.

I have had the same problem getting into Ramond James same problem logging into Raymond James since the 21st. No other account is having a problem and I double checked all the OL-297-A information.
  • Karen VierraKaren Vierra Member ✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Deluxe 2020; R27.28  Windows 10

Quicken is unable to establish an internet connection with my account at Raymond James & Associates (Investments).  This issue has been going on for several days now. 

I've submitted a report to Quicken Support on two different occasions.  Does anyone have the same issue, and has it been fixed?
  • Terry ChisholmTerry Chisholm Member ✭✭
    My register states: "LAST DOWNLOADED JULY 20, 2020-6:04PM (DIRECT CONNECT)". This is reported on all four of our accounts with Raymond James.
    Update:  Just updated Quicken to R27.42 and re-ran OSU.  No change, I'm still getting the internet connection error for Raymond James Investments.
  • EricLEdbergEricLEdberg Member
    This is a response I obtained directly from my Raymond James broker today:

" I heard from our Client Access team and they have indicated that clients will not be able to download to Quicken using direct connect because of a non-Raymond James related security concern with the direct connect feature that has been identified. Until the risk can be completely mitigated, the direct connect feature will be blocked. They have assured me that this is actively being researched but we do not have a timeframe for a resolution. As an alternative, they suggested that you might download to Quicken via the web connect method in Client Access."
  • Ron SRon S Member ✭✭✭
    I tried it and it works via client access. It's an OK temporary work around.
  • HokieinidahoHokieinidaho Member ✭✭
    edited July 26
    (Removed-Argumentative/Unhelpful) Hoping they get it fixed soon.
  • baltimorepetebaltimorepete Member
    I too could not connect to Raymond James this past week. I can connect to all my other accounts and I am using Windows R27.28 latest version. Suspecting this was a problem with Raymond James, I called tech support and was told that they did not support Quicken and to call Quicken Help which I did. Qicken Tech support could not connect either- ie my problem was not solved. Others have said RJ knows about the problem and is working on it. I do have a solution though if it is not fixed soon and that is to close my RJ account and move to a more responsive brokerage
    @baltimorepete I found that the work around to this is to perform a Quicken Download from your RJ Investor Access Account.

i hope this helps.
  • M C CrockettM C Crockett Member ✭✭✭
    @Karen Vierra manual downloads from RJ Investor Access may or may not work for all RJ accounts and is dependent upon the accounts are configured in Quicken.  Another factor may be whether you are using the Mac or Windows variant of Quicken.

I use Quicken Premier (Mac).  As the Web, Express Web, and Direct Connect RJ FIDs are the same, one can download transactions from RJ for Brokerage accounts without problems and without disabling Direct Connect downloads.

You can't, however, update Retirement accounts that are configured as IRA accounts.  The problem is that RJ continues to generate downloadable QFX files based on version 1 of the OFX/QFX file specification that only supports accounts configured as Brokerage accounts.  This is, at least, true for Quicken (Mac) users.  I've forgotten how Quicken (Win) handles Retirement accounts.

Changing Retirement accounts from type IRA to Brokerage does not allow the Retirement accounts to be updated.  Quicken (Mac) still wants you to create a new Brokerage account instead of updating the existing account(s).  Besides, changing Retirement accounts to Brokerage accounts breaks a number of Quicken reports, most notably, the Tax Schedule Report causing dividends and interest earned in Retirement accounts being reported as taxable income.
    @M C Crockett  Thank you for the great information!  Luckily, I have the IRA  Classified as "Brokerage","Tax Deferred", and, showing cash in a "Checking Account"; which I have the Cash Distribution Transactions appropriately categorized for Tax Reporting purposes.  Consequently, I'm able to manually download everything.     
  • baltimorepetebaltimorepete Member
    there is an answer as to how to access raymond james and this is from their web site
    go to your account and log in then go to account services then client tools and select quicken from there it is self explanatory
  • mitch cohenmitch cohen Member ✭✭
    Only one answer above provides the most helpful details (EricLEdberg on July 24th). On July 20th, Raymond James DISABLED the Direct Connect interface because they identified a non-Raymond James security flaw. The interface will remain DISABLED until the security flaw resolved. Here is an exact quote I received today:

"Your account security and protecting personal information is our top priority. A non-Raymond James related security concern with the direct connect feature has been identified. Until the security risk can be completely mitigated, direct connect will remain blocked. We are actively researching and considering our options but there is currently not a defined solution or a known timeframe for when that decision will be made. In the meantime, web connect is still available. This can be accessed by logging in to Client Access and selecting the Account Services > Client Tools > Site Tools tabs. From here, clients can click the link under the link in the Quicken Download section to access this option. We apologize for any inconvenience but protecting account and personal information will always be our top priority and we appreciate your patience."

My recommendation is that if you are a RayJay client (as I'm guessing anyone here is), submit a ticket through their "Contact Us" page so that at least they know that another person out here is anxious for a resolution.
    @mitch cohen  Thank you for the suggestion.  I submitted the following ticket through their "Contact Us" page.  Hopefully others will join in on the "vote" for resolution. 

HIGH PRIORITY TECHNICAL ISSUE:  I understand you have disabled Direct Connect Interface with Quicken, due to a security flaw.  I would very much appreciate it if you would please make it your priority to do whatever possible to re-enable the Direct Connect Interface with Quicken.  The current work-around to perform the Quicken Download procedure from Client Access is not the process I wish to continue using.  Thank you very much for your attention.
  • Ron SRon S Member ✭✭✭
    I submitted the following to Raymond James Technical support this morning: I understand you have disabled Direct Connect Interface with Quicken, due to a security issue. I would very much appreciate it if you would please make it a high priority to do whatever possible to re-enable the Direct Connect Interface with Quicken. The current work-around to perform the Quicken Download procedure from Client Access is not the process I wish to continue using. Thank you very much for your attention. I will be having a serious conversation with my financial advisor if this is not resolved in a timely manner.
  • ccanderson50ccanderson50 Member
    Has anybody had any luck getting Quicken to connect with Raymond James yet? It's been a week since I started to get this error message and as of this morning I am still getting this error message.
    If you have been able to re-establish a connection with Raymond James please let us know what you did to get it to work, or if you work at Quicken perhaps you could let us know when you expect this problem to be fixed.
  • caneumancaneuman Member ✭✭
    edited July 30
    [removed - inaccurate]
This discussion has been closed.