Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken Bill Manager - 2 factor authentication

I have struggled through the basics of getting Quicken Bill Manager to work. I am trying to set up my auto insurance payments for a future date using Quick Pay. Each time I try, it states that the account is locked and asks me to log in. I am already logged into my insurance company’s website on the computer I am using (it requires 2 factor authentication) but Quicken is not recognizing the fact that I am logged in. Help!

Comments

• Quicken Anja
    Quicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @karen peterson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

As stated in this support article if you still experience the Biller account is locked error message after clicking Try Again, you will need to contact Quicken Support via phone or chat for further assistance. Our support agents will need to check the biller status and error message through our internal server system. They may need to troubleshoot the issue internally through our Tier 2 team if necessary.

I would also like to add this support article for your reference which has a list of different error messages, in case you may be experiencing more than one error regarding Online Bills.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Anja
  • karen peterson
    karen peterson Member ✭✭
    Seriously?! when is Quicken Support open?? I work on Quicken at 6 AM Eastern and they are NOT open.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Seriously?! when is Quicken Support open?? I work on Quicken at 6 AM Eastern and they are NOT open.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7871754/fyi-quicken-support-hours-of-operation#latest
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • ddenucci
    ddenucci Member ✭✭
    Quicken Bill Manager and Quick Pay seems to work as advertised EXCEPT with those billers requiring two-factor authentication, i.e. sending a text or email with a one-time code or Symantec Vip Access. On August 13 I contacted tech support and was very pleased with the assistance provided with Allan. After almost 2 hours using remote access to my system, we were able set up AMEX, CITI, and PenFed as billers. HOWEVER he was unable to set up USAA because USAA allows only 2 factor authentication login and the Quicken Bill Manager is unable to deal with the resultant variable password. He escalated the issue to Quicken developers. In terms of USAA, my suggestion for biller setup would be for Quicken to replace the USER ID and Password requirement with the USAA Member Number and PIN. This strategy has worked flawlessly for years when setting up a USAA account for Direct Connect. Give it a try Quicken!
This discussion has been closed.