Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Has OSU behavior changed for Express Web Connect accounts?

leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
Window 10 Pro, Q Deluxe R27.28

I have 3 direct connect and 2 express web connect accounts.
As late as yesterday evening, when I did an OSU, the OSU status box showed all the accounts with "Waiting", "Complete" status for the Direct connect accounts and "Waiting","Processing Data", "Complete" for the Express Web Connect account.
This morning, the Express Web Connect accounts show only "Waiting" and  "Processing Data" status with a bolt icon (which is new) and that's it, no "Complete" status.  However, the summary OSU page shows all accounts processed.
Is this happening for you as well?
I tried go back to a backup of the datafile and got the same OSU behavior.
Do we no longer get a "Complete" status for Express Web Connect account during OSU processing?
I also tried doing an update for an individual account with the same results.

Did something change in Quicken online processing last night?

Quicken Deluxe R29.22; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Comments

• thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @leishirsute ,

Basically, I would click on Report a Problem from the Top of One Step Update Window, so they see what you are seeing on your end, especially when it involves One Step Update. Include the screenshot.

In the Details, section of the Report, include the Complete Build information from winver.

And yes, One Step Update is improving with each new Quicken Patch Build.
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R29.22 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20236.1005
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19041.572

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• leishirsuteleishirsute Member ✭✭✭✭
    Not sure where that "Report a Problem" selection is at to of One Step Update Window.  I have no such selection option on my One Step Update Window.

• Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    @leishirsute Yes I have noticed this same change in behavior.

The thing that really surprised me is that this change happened without a new version of Quicken being installed.

Note it doesn't seem to have affected anything other than what is displayed on the status screen while updating.

Note that reporting a problem is Help -> Report a problem

But in in fact I don't consider this a problem.  There is no "rule" that says what they have to put up for these statuses.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
    I agree.  I don't consider it a problem, but was hoping it wasn't just happening to me.  Thanks for validating the behavior.  Also, it started without a new version of Quicken being installed but it apparently got triggered to this behavior  remotely from Quicken as this just started today.
  • BoatnmaniacBoatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    I noticed this change starting yesterday evening and, like @Chris_QPW , was surprised to see this happen without a revision update.  But I have noticed that none of my EWC accounts are actually updating.  The OSU Summary shows all accounts updated but when drilling under the FIs listed none of the EWC accounts had updated.  All DC accounts updated fine.  No error codes.  No error messages.
    Update Now of these EWC accounts returned the same results.
    I've run OSU 12 times now (3X each with 4 different data files) with the same results.
    This has been reported to the Moderators' attention.  Perhaps they will be able to provide some insight on this matter.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R29.22 on Windows 10)
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 22
    Just following along....R26.23 -  will have to go back to notice any icon changes.
    BUT - did notice this - where all my 14 accounts were checkmarked for updating, most are Direct Connect - but ALLY is EWC - and says it updated, but no new real transactions downloaded, AND no datestamp like with the Capital One just below.

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • GeoffGGeoffG SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I understand, Quicken Inc. has been developing there own connection process to eliminate third-party services provided by intuit. The recent releases are already capable of processing this new method. It is the back-end processing that is showing up as different and will get entirely rolled out when fully tested and working as intended (I presume).
    user since '92 | Quicken Windows Premier - Subscription | Windows 10 Pro version 20H2
    edited July 22
    ps56k said:
    Just following along....R26.23 -  will have to go back to notice any icon changes.
    BUT - did notice this - where all my 14 accounts were checkmarked for updating, most are Direct Connect - but ALLY is EWC - and says it updated, but no new real transactions downloaded, AND no datestamp like with the Capital One just below
    For me the summary looks good,  I wonder if that difference is related to the version of Quicken you are running.  R27.28 here.  I had one EAC account update to yesterday's data (probably due to nightly batch processing).  However, myCapital One accounts have not updated since 7/20/2020.

Update:  I just ran OSU, again, for all 4 of my data files.  DC accounts updated quickly.  About 2/3 of my EWC accounts did update although they took longer than usual to complete and some transactions I'd expected to see downloaded didn't.  Progress?  I'll reserve judgement on that until I see the results of my next OSU run tomorrow morning.
    Transaction update for EWC accounts worked for me today.  The 2 accounts'  last download date is as of yesterday which makes sense that EWC accounts display data from the prior day's batch run.
    It still shows the strange Processing Data icon and never shows a "Complete" status, which is different behavior than I have been used to seeing.
    Hi @leishirsute ,

Good, but this is what I was talking about.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R29.22 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

thecreator , thanks for clarifying.
    That button must only show up if there is a download error.
    My transactions downloads pop up did not show it.

UPDATE:  OSU on my 4 data files this morning successfully updated all EWC accounts except for Austin Telco FCU (but this is likely due to a different issue since there appears to be an issue with CUs, again).
  • brooksrs@[email protected] Member ✭✭
    When I do a credit union or credit card account that uses EWC the status window goes to "waiting", sits there for a short period of time and then the window goes away and nothing is downloaded. I don't run OSU, I do the accounts one by one. The one account I have running Direct connect works fine. I know I have transactions to be downloaded but nothing happens. This started yesterday. I am running Quicken 2020 Build 27.1.27.28.
    For what it is worth I have used the Report a Problem from the One Setup Update summary dialog, and as far as I can tell it doesn't do anything different than Help -> Report a problem.  I guess it is just there because that is where a lot of problems pop up.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @leishirsute

If you haven't already, please open Quicken and go to the Help menu.  Hold down the "F4" key and while holding it down, select "About Quicken".

A window should open that says Quicken Connection Channel.  Does yours show that you are Currently Using FDS?  Or Currently Using QCS?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
    Hello @leishirsute

If you haven't already, please open Quicken and go to the Help menu.  Hold down the "F4" key and while holding it down, select "About Quicken".

A window should open that says Quicken Connection Channel.  Does yours show that you are Currently Using FDS?  Or Currently Using QCS?

Sarah
    VERY interesting Sarah!
    I was wondering when the Windows side was going to be switch over to QCS.
    And that is a very useful hidden key sequence!

For the record mine is QCS and I'm seeing the same as @leishirsute.
  • brooksrs@[email protected] Member ✭✭
    It says I am "Currently using QCS"
    @Quicken Sarah I don't want to hijack this thread, but I (and I think many others) would like to see a FAQ on exactly what QCS is.  From what I understand it isn't a "replacement" of Express Web Connect/Intuit, it is more that you are now routing the requests through a Quicken server so that you can monitor errors and be more on top of them instead of having to rely on user/Intuit to get such information.  And I'm pretty sure that Quicken Mac has been using QCS for a very long time now.
    Chris_QPW said:

VERY interesting Sarah!
    I was wondering when the Windows side was going to be switch over to QCS.
    And that is a very useful hidden key sequence!

For the record mine is QCS and I'm seeing the same as @leishirsute.
    Hi @Chris_QPW

Perfect, thank you so much for confirming that information!

I'd like to review the internal communications to better understand what is happening during the server communications and hopefully determine the root cause of the missing transactions.

Please also go to the Help menu once again and this time select "Report a Problem".

In the window that opens, enter "Attn: Sarah, missing transactions" in the subject line, select each file listed and when ready click "Send to Quicken".

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can retrieve the report from the system.

Chris_QPW said:
    @Quicken Sarah I don't want to hijack this thread, but I (and I think many others) would like to see a FAQ on exactly what QCS is.  From what I understand it isn't a "replacement" of Express Web Connect/Intuit, it is more that you are now routing the requests through a Quicken server so that you can monitor errors and be more on top of them instead of having to rely on user/Intuit to get such information.  And I'm pretty sure that Quicken Mac has been using QCS for a very long time now.

Yes, Quicken Mac has been using the QCS connection channel for quite some time and we are beginning a transition for Quicken Windows Users to the QCS channel. 

There will be FAQ's and more information to come on this soon.

Thank you again,

Sarah
    @Quicken Sarah Just to be clear, I said that I'm seeing what @leishirsute is in the displaying of the status and such.  I'm not seeing any problems, and from what I read @leishirsute isn't getting any problems like missing transactions.  We were all just surprised by the change in status messages, and also that there isn't any "complete" status posted.  But that isn't to say that the transactions didn't download/are missing.

Should I still send the report?
    Hi Chris_QPW

My apologies for the confusion, if you aren't experiencing any issues, then no, you don't need to submit the report :)

Thanks again,

Sarah
  • ps56kps56k SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quicken Sarah said:  please open Quicken and go to the Help menu.  Hold down the "F4" key and while holding it down, select "About Quicken".
    Just wondering what QWin version began supporting this new F4 + About ?

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
    Hello @leishirsute

Sarah
    I am currently using QCS.  I am not experiencing any download problems, just undocumented change in behavior.  When something like the GUI or behavior changes, it is hard to tell if it is not a problem, a single user problem or a problem with Quicken.
    It would be appreciated if support would announce upcoming expected behavioral changes to the GUI or processing.

Chris_QPW , I would appreciate some description of QCS vs FDS.  The Quicken Help content doesn't provide any information about them.
    QCS here as well.
    @Quicken Sarah , Can you please provide an FAQ like @Chris_QPW requested.  There is not documentation in the Quicken Help about QCS vs FDS.
  • Quicken HughQuicken Hugh Moderator, Employee mod
    @leishirsute
    Great question about posting a FAQ for QCS. Internally we are still preparing the FAQ - it's coming! 

Actually, FDS is old and QCS is new or using the same Channel as Mac Version does.

Quicken is moving everything to the New Channel of QCS, to help to eliminate Duplication Transactions that are coming through. That's the whole purpose for the changes, I read. There will be no option to change in the future.

• bizmailbizmail Member ✭✭
    Should we force the change from FDS to QCS or let quicken do that when they are ready?
    @bizmail It is really up to you, but there is a reason that they pushed it out to limited set of users.  With anything complicated like this there will be some "growing pains" and as such they are trying to get a feel for what problems there are without affecting everyone at the same time.

And based on the other threads it seems to be a hit of miss, as in for some people it is working fine and for others they are running into problems.
This discussion has been closed.