Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

How to make changes to, or re-open a closed account

I closed an account a long time ago, and now want to reopen it to tidy some things up. I'm not sure that is possible, so I'm open to alternatives. It was a car loan, where I traded in the car before the loan was paid off. After closing the account, "hiding", and "keep seperate", I now have a red negative balance appearing under the collapsed "seperate" heading in the account list. Ideally, I would re-open, show a pay off on the loan, and close it again. Absent that possibility, is there another way to avoid a negative balance on the "seperate" list?

A lot of time has passed, and I do not want to revert to a very old backup file prior to closing that account, and then try to catch up with the many things that have occured in the interim.

Quicken 2020 R27.28, build 27.1.27.28. Windows 10 Pro, Intel i5-8400

Best Answer

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    I ONLY use the "Close Account" function when the account (say a credit card, or a loan or a bank account) is closed in Real Life.
    Simply because the Q function can't be undone.  But, then, neither can closing the card account, etc.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
This discussion has been closed.