Major Issue: Quicken is Automatically Posting "Manual" Scheduled Transactions

Quicken is Automatically Posting "Manual" Scheduled Transactions, Major Issue for me.
I Need to disable this new feature. Those Transactions may be Transactions I do not want to Post. If I do, I want to post an actual $ Amount, i.e. Credit Card Payment. I'd post the Statement Balance, not the amount in the account. Distorts Actual Account Balances...
Quicken for 2020, Version R27.28, Build 27.1.27.28
Note: Today is July 22, 2020. Quicken has posted Transactions for July 25, 26 & 28th in the image Attached.

Best Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Perhaps you have inadvertently enabled the option to show future scheduled transactions in the register. You can disable that using the menu under the little clock icon.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020 Accepted Answer
    @Orig User - This looks like future Reminders are showing up in your register.  Some people like them (I actually do now that I've gotten used to it) because it will clearly show how the Reminders will affect your future account balance.  Check your register settings to make sure they are not set to show reminders in your register: 

(QW Premier Subscription: R33.24 on Windows 10)

Answers

• Rocket J Squirrel
    Rocket J Squirrel SuperUser, Windows Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Perhaps you have inadvertently enabled the option to show future scheduled transactions in the register. You can disable that using the menu under the little clock icon.

Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • Boatnmaniac
    edited July 2020 Accepted Answer
    @Orig User - This looks like future Reminders are showing up in your register.  Some people like them (I actually do now that I've gotten used to it) because it will clearly show how the Reminders will affect your future account balance.  Check your register settings to make sure they are not set to show reminders in your register: 

• Orig User
    Orig User Member ✭✭
    Thank You All.
    I do Like Reminders, but not in the Register...
    I Open Quicken Showing Home Tab & that list all my Reminders.
    I guess what thru me was when I clicked the Icon in the Register, the drop down menu just said "Show Reminder for:" No mention about "show in Register".
    I through on the HOME Tab... Thank you everyone...
    See Image
  • Boatnmaniac
    @Orig User - I forgot to mention that I got to like having Reminders show up in my register after I'd made a change to my register view by adding the Status column.  It shows up on the left side of the screen.  When Reminders are set to show up in the register, the Reminders status will show in this Status column:
    • Upcoming:  Action needed soon.
    • Due:  Action should be taken now.  ("Due" is determined by the number of days before the scheduled date that you set up the Reminder to remind you of it.)
    • Overdue:  Past due.
    • Uncleared:  Entered into the register but not yet cleared.
    • Blank:  The Reminder has been entered into the register and it has been cleared or reconciled.
    You can check to see if you like this feature and if you don't have the Status column (column header will have a blue dot in it) already showing in your register:  Account Register > lower of the two upper right Gear icons > check the box for Status > Done.
    If the Status column isn't wide enough, just click and hold on the column header divider on the right side of that column and drag it a little to the right.  When you are done, Reminders in the register will look like this (highlighted in yellow):
    Once I got my register set up this way is when I started finding real value in having Reminders show up in my registers because I could now see the effect of those Reminders on my account balance shown on the right side.
This discussion has been closed.