Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

What has changed with Express Web Connect? I can't download/update transactions

I am running Quicken 2020 Build 27.1.27.28 on Windows 10. When I update an individual credit union or credit card account that uses Express Web Connect the status window will open with a status of "Waiting". The status window will flicker a few times and then close out. No transactions are downloaded and no error messages appear. This started yesterday (7/22) out of the blue.

Answers

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @[email protected]

Thank you for taking the time to share the details of this issue with the community, although I apologize for any frustration or inconvenience experienced.

Please open Quicken and go to the Help menu then hold down the "F4" key.  While holding down F4, please click on "About Quicken".

A window should open that says "Quicken connection channel".  Does your window show that you are Currently Using FDS?  Or Currently Using QCS?

Please let us know, thank you.

Sarah
  • brooksrs@[email protected] Member ✭✭
    Currently using QCS
    Hi @[email protected]

Perfect, thank you so much for confirming that information!

I'd like to review the internal communications to better understand what is happening during the server communications and hopefully determine the root cause of the missing transactions.

Please also go to the Help menu once again and this time select "Report a Problem".

In the window that opens, enter "Attn: Sarah, missing transactions" in the subject line, select each file listed and when ready click "Send to Quicken".

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can retrieve the report from the system.

Thank you again,

Sarah

The Report has been sent. I did NOT select "Sanitized Data File". Should I have? If so I can go back and send that.

Randy
    Hi Randy,

Thank you for posting back, I have received the report and should have the data needed to investigate this further without the sanitized data file, but if more information is needed I will let you know.

In the meantime, I'm going to be doing a deep dive review of the submitted information and will post back once as I have an update.

Sarah
  • slkaplan slkaplan Member ✭✭
    I am having a similar issue ... instead of status saying 'waiting...' mine has 'processing data...'. No error, One Step window closes, no downloaded transaction. This is for EWC account only, Direct Connect works. Connection channel is QCS, Win10 Quicken V27.28 Build 27.1.27.28..(I've posted info in a separate thread too)....
    I am having a similar issue ... instead of status saying 'waiting...' mine has 'processing data...'. No error, One Step window closes, no downloaded transaction. This is for EWC account only, Direct Connect works. Connection channel is QCS, Win10 Quicken V27.28 Build 27.1.27.28..(I've posted info in a separate thread too)....
    Hello @slkaplan

Thank you for sharing that you are also experiencing this behavior and the currently used connection channel.

If you haven't already, please also go to the Help menu and this time select "Report a Problem".

In the window that opens, enter "Attn: Sarah, missing transactions" in the subject line, select each file listed and when ready click "Send to Quicken".

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can retrieve the report from the system.

Thank you again,

Sarah 
    Done...Thanks for looking into this!
  • Ken WeissbergKen Weissberg Member ✭✭
    I am having the same issue with not downloading transactions from my CITI VISA account. Tried Help & F4, but did not indicate Quicken Connection Channel. Only Ver R27.28 and Build 27.1.27.28. When using OSU, the account is indicated, but it does not have a place for the password. Sent info to Sarah
    UPDATE: Applied an update to Quicken that became available today. Now at VR27.42 Build 27.1.27.42.
    Ran One-Step ....issue not resolved (thought the update might be a fix)
    Sarah-Can you confirm receipt of my report?
  • Alan20Alan20 Member ✭✭
    Thanks, all. I have the same problem with Citibank and webaccess updating.
    I can't find the quicken connection channel info (when I click help menu, hold F4 and click about quicken, I get the usual about quicken version info and I am up to date). One thing I can add to the above description of the problem: when I use one step update, it reports that the update is complete and there are 20 new transactions but no transactions show up in the downloaded transactions window. In case it's relevant, I moved from bill pay to bill manager a week ago. I wouldn't think the problem is related to that, but just in case I am mentioning it.
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Alan said:
    Thanks, all. I have the same problem with Citibank and webaccess updating.
    I can't find the quicken connection channel info (when I click help menu, hold F4 and click about quicken, I get the usual about quicken version info and I am up to date). One thing I can add to the above description of the problem: when I use one step update, it reports that the update is complete and there are 20 new transactions but no transactions show up in the downloaded transactions window. In case it's relevant, I moved from bill pay to bill manager a week ago. I wouldn't think the problem is related to that, but just in case I am mentioning it.
    Add this from your post in the other thread:
    I have the latest Quicken version and build:
    Year: 2020
    Version: R27.28
    Build: 27.12.27.28

Windows 10 (fully updated)

Given that you are using the latest version of Quicken (R27.28) the F4 -> About Quicken really should work, but maybe Sarah has more insight on that (maybe if a user isn't switched to QCS it doesn't come up).
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
    UPDATE 7/25/20: One-Step Progress status still says "processing data" for EWC account however transactions and balances are downloaded successfully. No 'complete' msg, nothing in connection log indicating access to these accounts.
  • mshigginsmshiggins SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 27
    To the user having trouble using F4 + Help, you may find this Quicken usenet post helpful:

[link removed]

Quicken user since Q1999. Currently using QW2017.
    Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • Phil99Phil99 Member
    I checked my connection channel and found QCS. I changed it to FDS and all three of my Express Web Connect accounts started downloading transactions again.
    Phil99 - Could you check to see if it allows you to change it back to QCS? I'm not asking you to change it back but to just view the connection channel via F4 and see if the "Change Channel" option is still there.
    Thanks
    I did the same as Phil99 and my accounts update as prior to reporting the issue.
    I'm able to change the Channel Connection back to QCS (but will be leaving it as FDS for now.
    BTW, Thanks Phil99
    Phil99 said:
    I checked my connection channel and found QCS. I changed it to FDS and all three of my Express Web Connect accounts started downloading transactions again.
    Hello All,

Thank you for confirming your current connection channel, if you are experiencing issues with transactions not downloading and you are using the QCS channel, please go to the Help menu and select "Report a Problem".

In the window that opens, enter "Attn: Sarah, missing transactions" in the subject line, mark the box for each file listed (with the exception of the sanitized data file) and when ready click "Send to Quicken".

Once sent, please reply here to let me know so I can retrieve the report from the system.

**PLEASE NOTE: The button to change connection channel is not recommended for use in general troubleshooting and should only be used when or if instructed by Quicken Support. 

To avoid future complications and errors when updating accounts, if you have been moved to the QCS channel for downloading, please do not return to the previous FDS channel unless instructed to do so by a Quicken Support Representative.**

Thank you,

Sarah
    Besides FDS eventually not being supported, what is the downside to using while Quicken works to resolve the issue with QCS? BTW, I've forwarded the info requested via "Report a problem...".
  • Alan20Alan20 Member ✭✭
    Sarah, just sent a report as per your request. Btw, it turns out I was using FDS. I changed to QCS and that didn't help and I have now changed back, but one thing did change. When I connect, instead of it reporting 20 new transactions (with nothing showing in the downloaded transaction window), it now shows 0 transactions.
  • Alan20Alan20 Member ✭✭
    Actually, it now seems to be fixed. I noticed that when I switched from fds to qcs and back again, the account was no longer linked online. So I switched to qcs (since it seems from earlier in this thread that that is the preferred method), linked the account again and tried an update, and this time it worked and gave me the missing 20 transactions. Will post again if it stops working.
    Sarah-Can you confirm receipt of my report?
    Besides FDS eventually not being supported, what is the downside to using while Quicken works to resolve the issue with QCS? BTW, I've forwarded the info requested via "Report a problem...".
    Hello @slkaplan  

Thank you for submitting the requested logs, I have receive the report and am reviewing the information provided and will post back as soon as I have an update.

Switching the connection methods will move the internal, encrypted account information from one server to the other and the account/transactions update requests are then sent from the new (QCS) server.  Returning to the previous connection channel (FDS) may result in duplicated accounts and/or transactions or connection errors during updates.  To avoid any issues like these, we recommend not manually changing the connection channel unless instructed to do so by Quicken Support.

I hope this information is helpful and thank you again for submitting the requested information.  

Alan said:
    Sarah, just sent a report as per your request. Btw, it turns out I was using FDS. I changed to QCS and that didn't help and I have now changed back, but one thing did change. When I connect, instead of it reporting 20 new transactions (with nothing showing in the downloaded transaction window), it now shows 0 transactions.
    Alan said:
    Actually, it now seems to be fixed. I noticed that when I switched from fds to qcs and back again, the account was no longer linked online. So I switched to qcs (since it seems from earlier in this thread that that is the preferred method), linked the account again and tried an update, and this time it worked and gave me the missing 20 transactions. Will post again if it stops working.
    Hello @Alan

I'm glad to hear that the missing transactions appeared after making the switch to the QCS channel and appreciate your posting here with the details of your experience.

As you've made the switch to QCS, I do highly recommend remaining on this connection channel going forward :)

If you do experience an issue in the future, please start a new thread to report it so there's no confusion of issues.

Thank you again,

Sarah
    Hi Sarah-I've switched my connect back to QCS. When executing OSU the status message for the EWC accounts now says 'processing data' as before. No failure or error msg and no transaction s downloaded (although I need to confirm new transactions are available for download). Also, I see no reference to these account in the Connection log. What is the correct behavior for EWC accounts using QSC Channel? What should I be seeing during OSU and how can I see the results of the update if there is nothing in the log?
    Again...thanks for your help !
    I have remained on QCS the entire time. I have also been trying the download all weekend. It did work on one transaction but other not for others that were available. I now have other transactions available but they do not download.
  • thecreatorthecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R29.22 USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.5 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 20236.1005
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19041.572

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1