Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Having problems with online access

Mikail
Mikail Member ✭✭
I am having trouble with all online access from Quicken for Windows. I am an experienced long time user on R27.29 Build 27.1.27.28. It started with when I tried to do a One Step Update and got a blank subwindow with just the title bar. When I closed it, I got the message:: "Quicken's Online service is unavailable at this time. Please wait 10 minutes, than try again. We apologize for the inconvenience.” I have tried some of the suggestions for related types of problems, but I can't do anything that requires online access including attempting to "Enter Quicken ID Password" for which I also get a blank subwindow with just the title bar. Any suggestions? Everything worked fine last night.

Best Answer

• Mikail
    Mikail Member ✭✭
    edited July 2020 Accepted Answer
    Uninstalled and then installed Quicken for Windows. All is good now!!!! :)

Can I mark this topic Closed / Answered?

Answers

• Mikail
    Mikail Member ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Made a couple of minor corrections to above note. Build is 27.1.27.28.
  • Quicken Julio
    Quicken Julio Moderator, Employee mod
    Hi @Mikail,

Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

I would like to gather some more information to better assist you:

You mentioned you have tried some of the suggestions for related type of problemsCould you please elaborate a little more on what steps you've already  taken?

You also stated that you are unable to do anything that requires online access. Is this stemming from the same issue as the "Quicken's Online service is unavailable..." error? Have you already verified if there is a running antivirus, firewall, etc. on your computer?

If you haven't already, I would recommend taking some time to review the steps provided in this Post. This Article also provides additional steps you can take to try and resolve the issue.

Responding with this additional information will give us better insight with the issue and the next steps to take. Look forward to hearing from you.
    Best,
    JV
  • Mikail
    Mikail Member ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for your response, Julio! I was not able to view https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7854775/windows-users-receive-online-services-unavailable-or-blank-success-screen-after-r19-44-update ("Permission Problem; You don't have permission to do that"). but I was able to read https://www.quicken.com/support/blankwhite-registration-screen and I have already tried this. The problem is that when I go to "Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts", the sub window that is titled "Enter Quicken ID Password" is blank except for the title and the entry hangs because I cannot enter the password. As I said, any entry window that communicates with the server is blank except for the title.

I am running Windows 7 and Microsoft Security Essentials. I tried turning off real time protection in Security Essentials, but that did not help. I have also tried restarting my computer a couple of times. I am wondering if my executable is corrupted and I need to reinstall the program?
  • Mikail
    Mikail Member ✭✭
    Alternatively, could I be having a problem with IP address resolution? If it is an IP server problem, how do I determine that is the issue and fix that?
  • Mikail
    Mikail Member ✭✭
    Julio, is there a way I can email or DM you?
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still using Windows 7 SP1?
    As of January 14, 2020, Windows 7 is no longer supported by Microsoft!
    Ensure that TLS 1.2 is enabled in Control Panel / Internet Options.
    In Windows Control Panel select Internet Options (or in Internet Explorer, click on Tools / Internet options.)
    Click the Advanced tab.
    Scroll down the list to "Use TLS x.x" and click to put a checkmark on all available TLS choices, 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2.
    Click Apply.
    Click the Content tab.
    Click the "Clear SSL State" button under Certificates.
    Click Apply, then OK.
    Close IE. Close and restart Quicken.

• Mikail
    Mikail Member ✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Thanks, UKR. I went into Control Panel and TLS choices, 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 were all already selected. I clicked the "Clear SSL State" button under Certificates and clicked OK; closed and restarted Quicken. Still have the same problem (see screen snippets). I really appreciate your suggestion, but unfortunately it did not solve my problem.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @MIkail,

In reading through your posting, I noted that you were unable to open one of Quicken Julio's references.  So, I am copying that post - authored by Quicken Sarah - here:

Some Quicken for Windows 2019 Users have reported receiving a "Online Services Unavailable" error message or a blank screen that says "Success" after signing into their Quicken ID or attempting to use Online Services such as updating accounts or stock quotes.

We have reported this issue to our Development Teams for further investigation and resolution.

Resolution:
    If you have your Quicken file open when you experience this error, try these steps first:
    1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Quicken ID syncing and alerts
    2. Click sign in as a different user
    3. Type "yes" to sign out
    4. After you sign out, sign back in with the same Quicken ID

If the steps above don't work, or if you're not able to sign in to Quicken to see your syncing and alerts menu, some users have reported the steps available here resolves the error for them.

Other Users have reported performing an uninstall and reinstall of the Quicken software following steps available here has resolved this error.

If you would like to be automatically notified once this issue has been resolved, please "bookmark" this post by clicking the Yellow Star Icon in the upper right corner.

While it was originally posted in 2019, as Quicken Julio referenced it, I would suggest that you consider this guidance with respect to your current issues.

Good luck!

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Mikail
    Mikail Member ✭✭
    Thanks, Frankx. I have tried the first of these ideas, although "Quicken ID syncing and alerts" is labeled "Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts" in my preferences menu. I will try uninstalling and reinstalling Quicken later today if I do not hear anything back from Quicken.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Hi again @Mikail,

Yes - that difference in terminology is due to the fact that Quicken Sarah's post was actually first written in 2019, before they changed the wording to "Quicken ID & Cloud Accounts".

And please let us know how this goes.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Mikail
    Mikail Member ✭✭
    edited July 2020 Accepted Answer
    Uninstalled and then installed Quicken for Windows. All is good now!!!! :)

Can I mark this topic Closed / Answered?
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please indicate which answer fixed your problem and that should do it.

Frankx

This discussion has been closed.