Can't email a report - after updating to R27.28 -

Windows 10 & outlook: I have always been able to email saved reports directly from Quicken but now they do not send. After clicking "send" I get a message saying "email successfully sent" but it doesn't really send.

Comments

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    I think previous versions used to invoke your local email client to send the report, but later and current versions actually use an internal Quicken service - so the email is now sent behind the scenes.... and not using your local email client.
    What version.....   Help --> About Quicken

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • Lyle Wetherholt
    Lyle Wetherholt Member ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply but the proof of the pudding is in the tasting and in this case the pudding (email recipients) are not receiving the emails despite the Quicken reply saying "the message has been successfully sent."
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    What version..... Help --> About Quicken
    Just tried - and it worked fine with a couple different email services....
    BUT - my GMAIL emails were received in my SPAM folder.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for the reply
    [EDIT - from another topic]
    Version R25.21, however I have been using Quicken since 2001 and have never used any of their downloading functions.
    Wonder if you are still using R25.21 - as per your other topic on "renewal" -
    AND - if your old/current software is listed as "expired" - ....

• Lyle Wetherholt
    No, I bit the bullet and re-upped. Now on version R27.28 and that is when the email problem cropped up.
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    For what it is worth I tried sending a report to my email address and it showed up fine after a few minutes.
    Signature:
    (I'm always using the latest Quicken Windows Premier subscription version)
    This is my website: http://www.quicknperlwiz.com/
  • Lyle Wetherholt
    That might be meaningful if we are both on the same version, R27.28. If so, then it must be in my windows settings but I can't find anything suggestive of a solution.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am able to send a report in excel format but get an error message when trying to send the same report as a pdf file.  Strange.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    That might be meaningful if we are both on the same version, R27.28. If so, then it must be in my windows settings but I can't find anything suggestive of a solution.
    I was on R27.28 when I tested this.  I'm now on R27.42, with no change. Both PDF and Excel files email fine for me.
    Signature:
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Frankx said:
    I am able to send a report in excel format but get an error message when trying to send the same report as a pdf file.  Strange.

Frankx
    From what I can see Quicken is sending the report through the "Quicken PDF Printer" to create the PDF file.  If that is failing on your system then that might be the reason you are getting the error message.  That is assuming the error message is when it is creating the PDF file before attaching it to the dialog where you would send it by email.
    Signature:
  • Lyle Wetherholt
    I am NOT getting an error message. The message I get is "email successfully sent." I don't think it is in the creation of a PDF file because I can click export, then PDF, then Print, then save. The report will then be in my documents folder and I can send it from there as an attachment. Clicking the email icon in Quicken would be faster but, of course, it is not working for me. Windows/outlook setting?? maybe
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, your problem and @Frankx's are definitely different.
    Signature:
  • Lyle Wetherholt
    What is version R27.42? In checking updates with Quicken it says I have the latest update with R27.28
  • Chris_QPW
    Chris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    Whenever they release a patch they send it out automatically to a limited number of users first, and then wait to make sure there aren't any reports of a major problem.  And in a few days the usually release it to the general public.  But they do post the manual update if someone wants to update sooner.  Note that release notes say nothing about the problem you are having.  And for that matter the problem you are having might be on the Quicken servers.  You probably need to contact Quicken support.
    Contact Quicken Support

If you want to read the release notes/install the patch you can get it from:
    Update and Mondo Patch: Subscription Release of Quicken for Windows
    Signature:
This discussion has been closed.