Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

express web connect to citibank stopped showing downloaded transactions

My quicken setup is linked to citibank and I periodically update via express web connect.

A week ago quicken stopped showing me downloaded transactions when I use one step update, even though it reports that the update is complete. Stranger still, it reports that there are 20 new transactions even though no transactions show up in the downloaded transactions window. Any advice?

In case it's relevant, I moved from bill pay to bill manager a week ago. I wouldn't think the problem is related to that, but just in case I am mentioning it.

Comments

• FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    HI @Alan,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Citi downloads.

Hve you confirmed that there are recent transactions in the Citi account(s), by loging into the accounts via the web?  Also - regarding the "20 new transactions' info - can you take another look at that info in Quicken and confirm that it is dated recently (as opposed to an earlier date when you perhaps last were able to download)?

Also please let us know which versions and builds you are using for both Quicken and Windows.

Thanks.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Alan20Alan20 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for responding, The last downloaded/cleared transaction cleared at Citibank on July 16 and since then there have been 14 transactions that show up on the Citi online website as cleared (fully cleared, not just pending). And those transactions were on every business day from July 17 through July 22.

When I do a one step update, it has over the last few days (every time I try to update) consistently shown 20 new transactions and the update timestamp is the current one (I just did another and it shows 12:30pm on July 24, which is now in my time zone). But as I said, nothing appears in the Downloaded Transactions window or in the tab below called "Downloaded Transactions".

I have the latest Quicken version and build:
    Year: 2020
    Version: R27.28
    Build: 27.12.27.28

Windows 10 (fully updated)
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that you are running into the same problem that is described in this thread:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7878568/what-has-changed-with-express-web-connect-i-cant-download-update-transactions
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTOH, the download for my Citi VISA card uses "Direct Connect" and has been working flawlessly for a long time. How about trying to "Change connection method" or deactivate all Citi accounts, then reactivate.
  • FrankxFrankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi again @Alan,

Apparently this issue has been reported by others who connect to Citi via the Express Web Connect method.  Here's a LINK to keep you updated on progress. etc.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Ver. R29.20 - Build 27.1.29.20  - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Like" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Chris_QPWChris_QPW Member ✭✭✭✭
    UKR said:
    OTOH, the download for my Citi VISA card uses "Direct Connect" and has been working flawlessly for a long time. How about trying to "Change connection method" or deactivate all Citi accounts, then reactivate.
    Note that Citi credit cads can be setup was Direct Connect if "Citi Cards" is used for the financial institution, but checking and savings accounts have to use Citibank and only Express Web Connect is available for them.
    (I'm using the latest Quicken subscription version)
  • Alan20Alan20 Member ✭✭
    Thanks for your comments, all. I will post in the other link mentioned above since I have slightly more detail than is listed in that thread.
  • ellieellie Member
    I was having the same problem with all of my bank and credit card accounts--not just Citicard. I downloaded this patch, ran it, and everything was fixed.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/update-and-patch-20182019-release-quicken-windows-subscription-product
This discussion has been closed.