Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Why is quoted text in my replies here showing up in old style "Usenet" format and not in a box?

Misterbill
Misterbill Member ✭✭✭
I noticed that when I quote a previous post here in a reply, it just puts a > before the lines, like it used to be in the old "Usenet" newsgroup days. But I see that other people's quotes have the quoted text formatted correctly in a shaded box. Furthermore, I see a popup saying "The quote had to be converted from Html to TextEx. Some formatting may have been lost." but it doesn't tell me how to fix it. I did not see anything in my profile how to change how quotes work, just the max depth. So how do I get quotes to work properly for me here?

Best Answers

Answers

• NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    Your ability to post graphics, and your style of quotes, are both determined by your Membership status.

With my SuperUser status, I just clicked the Quote tag below your message to get your entire post quoted.
    I noticed that when I quote a previous post here in a reply, it just puts a > before the lines, like it used to be in the old "Usenet" newsgroup days. But I see that other people's quotes have the quoted text formatted correctly in a shaded box. Furthermore, I see a popup saying "The quote had to be converted from Html to TextEx. Some formatting may have been lost." but it doesn't tell me how to fix it. I did not see anything in my profile how to change how quotes work, just the max depth. So how do I get quotes to work properly for me here?
    Here's a graphic of what I see below your post.

Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    > @NotACPA said:
    > Your ability to post graphics, and your style of quotes, are both determined by your Membership status.
    > With my SuperUser status, I just clicked the Quote tag below your message to get your entire post quoted.
    > (Quote)
    > Here's a graphic of what I see below your post.(Image)

I see the same options, except when i click on Quote I get the ugly quoted text you see above that I think we had back in the 90's.

I can't believe that level of membership here dictates functionality of such a trivial feature as quoting text so it doesn't look embarrassingly ugly.
  • NotACPA
    NotACPA SuperUser, Windows Beta Beta
    @Misterbill What do you see ABOVE your comment input area.  Here's the choices that I've got ... and the one I've indicated is what you should be using (until you've got more community points).
    And the restriction on what the earlier membership levels can do, is to restrict spammers, etc from flooding the forum with garbage.
    Q user since DOS version 5
    Now running Quicken Windows Subscription,  Home & Business
    Retired "Certified Information Systems Auditor" & Bank Audit VP
  • Misterbill
    Misterbill Member ✭✭✭
    Hello @Misterbill

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your concerns.

You now should have enough points to be able to "Quote" using the gray background. 

To learn more about the ranks and points on the Community please see the information available here.

I hope this helps and congratulations on your new badge!

-Quicken Tyka

Thanks, much better.
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wish the Vanilla would fix the email notifications with quoted text that look like this:

> 
    > Quicken_Tyka said:
    >
    > 
    > Hello @Misterbill
    >
    > Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your concerns.
    >
    > You now should have enough points to be able to "Quote" using the gray background. 
    >
    > To learn more about the ranks and points on the Community please see the information available here.
    >
    > I hope this helps and congratulations on your new badge!
    >
    > -Quicken Tyka

Thanks, much better.

Have Questions? Check out these FAQs (links now fixed):COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)

This discussion has been closed.