Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Fidelity / Elan Finacial CC import fail

Background: I've never figured out how to directly download CC info form Fidelity/Elan (can download other accounts fine) so I've always resorted to going to the website and downloading the QXF file.

Starting around June 10, double clicking the QXF file started failing; manually selecting import... from the menu has the same effect. I receive two errors:

Quicken is unable to establish an Internet connection [OL-297-A]

followed by:

Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later.

I'm running the Quicken Windows subscription version on Win 10 inside a VMWare VM under Mac Catalina 10.15.5. I upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7 hoping that would make a difference but it didn't.

Any assistance is appreciated

Best Answer

Answers

• Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, @mark3smith .  Were you able to get your Fidelity credit card set up for downloads?
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)
  • jfclague
    jfclague Member ✭✭✭✭
    The only issue I had was that only setup a user ID on the Fidelity Visa website, you also need to set up an account on Elan's website too (I used the same user ID and password).
  • mark3smith
    mark3smith Member ✭✭
    @Boatnmaniac . Yes I did but I also had to tweak some virtual machine settings. I'm running Windows under Mac and I suspect that (now working from home) some of my employer's firewall/security software that was put onto my Mac was interfering also.

Anyway, followed your instructions to set up the Elan account, changed my Windows VM from NAT to bridged and now all is happy.

Thanks,
  • Boatnmaniac
    Boatnmaniac SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @mark3smith - Great!  I'm glad it worked for you.
    (QW Premier Subscription: R32.12 on Windows 10)
This discussion has been closed.