Home Quicken for Windows All Things Canadian (Windows)

Can I cut and paste yet?

It has been years since I came to these pages to try to find out how to copy from a web page and paste it in to a field in a transaction record. It never worked, never.

But that was back in the Quicken 2015 days. I swore that I'd never upgrade until they fixed that one VERY annoying bug.

So ... has this been fixed yet?

Comments

• Rocket J SquirrelRocket J Squirrel SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have always been able to paste into a transaction field. But you have to use the main Edit menu, not the right-click transaction menu.
    Pro tip: regardless of whether you use "Quicken standard" or "Windows standard" key mapping, Shift+Insert performs a Paste in a banking register. In an investment register, Ctrl+V works as usual.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
  • GlenBGlenB Member
    Have NOT always been able. That was the point. Various patches fixed it then broke it again. If you look back a few years in these Forums there was a LOT of discussion on this and great dissatisfaction with the apparent inability of the software team to solve it, or their mgmt to decide to get it solved. Was huge.

All I want is Ctrl-C on highlighted text on some webpage, then click on a field in a register in Quicken and Ctrl-V.

If you're telling me that it now works in Quicken 2015 Home & Business R6 Build 24.1.6.6 then I guess I'll have to try again and see.
    Well, I haven't used QW2015 in years, so I can't vouch for anything in that version. I have no recollection of Paste not working, but my memory ain't what she used to be.
    Quicken user since version 2 for DOS, now using QWin Premier Subscription on Win10 Pro.
    But your 2015 is way out of date. Patch level is 17.4 but you are still on 6? R6 was apparently recalled. Update your 2015 here:

• GlenBGlenB Member
    Thanks, had a look at that page. The most recent 2015 is R6. Unless I misread the tea leaves, that's as far as I can go with my license unless I want to buy an upgrade to some later release. Or am I missing something?
    Are you sure you weren't looking at 2005? I see this under 2015:

• GlenBGlenB Member
    That is on the American page. At the top, click the link to get to the Canadian page. That's the version I'm using. All I see is:
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    GlenB said:
    That is on the American page. At the top, click the link to get to the Canadian page. That's the version I'm using. All I see is:

You didn't say that you were on the Canadian version. And that does make a difference. In your case, 2015 R 6 Canadian is all you can get. You're up to date.