Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)
Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Quicken on Desktop stops responding when downloading transactions from Quicken Cloud

Up loading to cloud works fine but Quicken becomes unresponsive when downloading transactions from the cloud.

Comments

• Quicken AnjaQuicken Anja Moderator mod
    Hello @michaelalles,

Thank you for reaching out and telling us about your issue, though I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this.

The first thing I suggest you try is to reset your cloud data by following the steps below.
    1. Go to Edit
    2. Preferences
    3. Mobile & Web
    4. Make sure sync shows it's ON and click on Reset your cloud data (see below)
    Once that is done, see if the issue still persists.

Let us know how it goes and/or if you have any additional questions!
    -Quicken Anja
  • michaelallesmichaelalles Member ✭✭
    Followed the instructions. Watched as cloud copy was erased and categories, rules, transactions, etc were then uploaded. Then the pgm switched to downloading and while downloading (little green arrow pointing down) "transactions" for several minutes, I clicked on another item on the desktop (unrelated to Quicken) and the dark green segment spinning around inside the light green ring STOPPED. and that was it - quicken was unresponsive there after ..
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @michaelalles

Thank you for the response and for attempting to reset the cloud and letting us know the result.

Did the Quicken program every crash or did you end up force quitting the program?

If you ended up force-quitting, may I ask that you attempt to reset the cloud once more.

This time allows for the sync to finish completely and see if you get a crash or if the sync finishes completely.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
    Sync was setup to happen when x-ing out of the program. When it asked to sync, I hit OK (it is also set to backup to a flash drive before the program closes. This has always worked fine)- This time It looked like it sync'd, (took a couple of milliseconds) but I was not offered to perform my flash drive backup and the program did not close, it just went back to showing accounts. so I hit close again and when asked, i clicked to sync. The sync started then just kept looping I guess for 10 mins.. I forced the program close and restarted it . Then went in to reset the cloud - after hitting go for cloud resent (without sync), it looked like it was working then it showed that it was on downloading transactions and I let it run for 55 minutes before left clicking on a clear portion of my desktop - The syncing intermediately froze and I had to force close .
    I have been playing with computers and programming since the 1970's I have a BS in info management'
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @michaelalles

Thank you for the response and the additional details.

At this time, I would recommend contacting Quicken Care directly for advanced troubleshooting steps.

https://www.quicken.com/support#contact-support

Quicken Care has the tools to review the logs to help determine the cause of the hanging and to help provide a solution.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
    Thanks for trying both of you - Grin I will head over to Quicken Care,,,
This discussion has been closed.