Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Lake Michigan Credit Union prompts for access key and errors CC-506, OL-221-A

When attempting to update my LMCU account, I am prompted for an access key every. single. time... After acquiring the key and entering it, sometimes it acts like it was updated and returns to the account register, other times it returns an error of CC-506 or OL-221-A. I have validated and repaired my files, I have deactivated and reactivated my account, and I have added a new account. All with the same results. This has been going on for approximately one week. The only way I am able to update my transactions is to download it directly from the LMCO website. When I log in to the LMCU website I am NOT prompted for an access key. This only occurs in quicken. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Gunmucker

Thank you for taking the time to report this error to the community, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you haven't already, please review the information and steps available here and let us know if this helps to resolve the CC-506 error being received.

Thank you,

Sarah
  • GunmuckerGunmucker Member
    Yes, I have tried this several times. While looking for my accounts, I am prompted to select a method to be contacted with a security code, I select a method, receive the code, enter the code, and this repeats several times. Eventually it finds the accounts and I am able to link them. I can then go through the security code process repeatedly each time I attempt to update. Sometimes, it says it successfully updated, but no transactions whatsoever are downloaded. Other times, I get an error code or the "it's not your fault" message. Every time, however, nothing is ever downloaded.
  • Quicken SarahQuicken Sarah Administrator, Moderator mod
    Hello @Gunmucker

Thank you for confirming that these steps have already been taken.  Since the error persists, we will need to look a little deeper into the matter and review the internal communications between Quicken and the financial institution servers to determine the root cause of this behavior.

Please go to the Help menu in Quicken and select "Report a Problem" from the menu.

In the window that opens, enter "Attn: Sarah, CC-506" in the subject line, mark the boxes for each file listed and click Send to Quicken.

Once sent, please just reply here to let me know so I can retrieve the report from the system.

Thank you again,

Sarah

• GunmuckerGunmucker Member
    Files have been sent to your attention.
  • StudpupStudpup Member ✭✭✭
    The daily 2FA is happening to me too, and I used to have similar problem. My -guess- is Quicken OSU is asking for the code, gets busy doing other updates, and doesn't respond back to LMCU soon enough, and the connection times out and download fails. Try removing lmcu from osu and doing it all by itself. Works fine then.