Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Apple Card - still can't upload

I still can't upload Apple Card transactions to Quicken Deluxe 2020 on Windows. I have a current Quicken subscription and I'm running Windows 10 with all updates.
I go into my iPhone, I select the month I want and I export transactions in QFX format. I go into Quicken File->File Import->Web Connect (QFX File), I choose the QFX file I just downloaded, and I get a Quicken window with the message "Quicken is unable to complete your request [OL-220-B]". I press OK and I get another window that says "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later." I've been doing this for a couple of weeks, so obviously it's not a "try later" thing.

Any ideas? Are people importing the Apple Card transactions into Quicken?
«1

Answers

  • Quicken JulioQuicken Julio Moderator, Employee mod
    Hi @ozzyau,

    Thanks for taking the time to post to our Community.

    The OL-220-B is caused by invalid/malformed OFX/QFX file being transmitted by the financial institution's servers. Sometimes, these files are changed in a way that prevents them from downloading into Quicken.

    If you have been receiving this error for a few weeks now, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support for further assistance. We can collect Log information that can help give us more insight into the root cause of the issue.

    Because Quicken does not have access to the financial institution's servers, it would ultimately be up to the bank to provide a resolution.

    Please feel free to respond to this thread with further questions or concerns.
    Best,
    JV
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried doing the download on the desktop/laptop computer that Quicken is running on versus doing the download on an iPhone and somehow transferring it to that computer?
    It could be that the download to the iPhone and subsequent transfer to the computer is somehow corrupting the .QFX file.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

  • ozzyauozzyau Member ✭✭
    > @splasher said:
    > Have you tried doing the download on the desktop/laptop computer that Quicken is running on

    I don't know that you can download the .QFX file any other way than through the phone. Am I wroing?
  • ozzyauozzyau Member ✭✭
    > @Quicken Julio said:
    > If you have been receiving this error for a few weeks now, I would recommend contacting Quicken Support for further assistance. We can collect Log information that can help give us more insight into the root cause of the issue.
    >
    Thank you Julio. I think that's the way to proceed. However, is anybody else able to import Apple Card transactions into Quicken? Is anybody actually doing it?
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would find it hard to believe that the Apple Card does not have a website that allows you to download the QFX file from.
    Try card.apple.com , it looks like the correct URL.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    @splasher, @ozzyau, that is a relatively new website for AppleCard. You can view and download pdf statements and pay, but you cannot download QFX files. Must use your iPhone for QFX downloads.

    @QuickenJulio, to the thread subject. I run the most up to date versions of both Qwin and Qmac. I was able to download the most recent Apple Card QFX file and import it into Qmac with no issues. However, it failed in Qwin with the same error message as above. Clearly it is not a bad file. 
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try taking the file from iPhone->Mac->Windows.  It could be that the corruption is happening going directly from iPhone to Windows.

    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    It's the same exact file. I'm running Windows 10 in Parallels VM on my iMac. It went from iPhone to my downloads folder. 
  • dsandler92dsandler92 Member
    I am getting the same error trying import my July Apple Card statement that I downloaded as a QFX file
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try updating the Branding information in Quicken as described in this post by Quicken Anja to see if it helps:
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/comment/20108869/#Comment_20108869
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    I tried the re-branding just so I could say I did. No luck. Clearly there is something going on with Qwin in regards to QFX imports. Qmac imports the very same QFX file without issue, and Qwin rejects it. 
  • JohnAJohnA Member ✭✭
    I got this error trying to import my July statement. I retried importing my June statement which had worked on July 1st and now have the same problem. Clearly, something changed in Quicken between July 1st and now. Has anyone contacted support and gotten this to work?
  • Louis MatarazzoLouis Matarazzo Member ✭✭
    I to am getting an error. It worked for the previous months but not July..Something changed on the quicken side.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    JohnA said:
    I got this error trying to import my July statement. I retried importing my June statement which had worked on July 1st and now have the same problem. Clearly, something changed in Quicken between July 1st and now. Has anyone contacted support and gotten this to work?
    Did you re-download the June transactions or use the same downloaded file that you used originally?
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

  • ozzyauozzyau Member ✭✭
    Well... obviously I’m not the only one and something broke on the Quicken side and we need Quicken support involved. Maybe they are reading this. I’ll will call them but I can’t put the time until Wednesday.

    I’ll be monitoring this thread. Thank you everyone.
  • udechwordiErudechwordiEr Member ✭✭
    edited August 2
    I recently opened an Apple Card account after learning that it supported QFX downloads. I tested the feature on my July 1st statement and it worked fine. The procedure is from your iPhone, create a QFX file of your monthly statement, download this to a windows computer, then import the QFX file. I received a new statement August 1st, and tried the same procedure and now get a OL-220-B error. Quicken support says the problem is on Apple Card side. They pointed me to the following web site.

    https://www.quicken.com/support/error-message-ol-220-ol-221-ol-222-ol-223-ol-224-ol-225-or-ol-226-when-using-online-services

    "Web Connect (Importing a QFX file from your bank's website) - Receiving this error when downloading a QFX file directly from your bank's website indicates an issue with the file itself. You will need to contact your bank to resolve this issue."

    I'd like to determine if I am the only one having this problem, has anyone been able to successfully import a Apple Card (Goldman Sachs) QFX file since August 1st??? I've been on hold for several hours trying to get in touch with Apple Card support.

    I am using Windows Subscription Quicken Deluxe version, year 2020, version R27.42, build 27.1.27.42
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Quicken Subscription US for Windows, have you tried to add the Apple Card as a Credit Card account and then link it to your existing account register?
    I'm guessing that this should eliminate the need to download and import a QFX file.
  • shale99shale99 Member ✭✭
    I am having same problem via desktop. Did the d/load again from Apple, no dice same error. Only change is the recent quicken update. Worked 7/1 for June trans import file.
    Shouldn't quicken get together with Apple to figure out the file format and why it changed?
    Is support working on this?
  • shale99shale99 Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > In Quicken Subscription US for Windows, have you tried to add the Apple Card as a Credit Card account and then link it to your existing account register?
    > I'm guessing that this should eliminate the need to download and import a QFX file.

    Apple card does not have that option yet. You can get trans only via import. Which is now broken. Only known change is recent quicken update. Support should get together with Apple to figure out format fix.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    shale99 said:
    > @UKR said:
    > In Quicken Subscription US for Windows, have you tried to add the Apple Card as a Credit Card account and then link it to your existing account register?
    > I'm guessing that this should eliminate the need to download and import a QFX file.

    Apple card does not have that option yet. You can get trans only via import. Which is now broken. Only known change is recent quicken update. Support should get together with Apple to figure out format fix.

    OK, I don't have an Apple Card myself, but when I start the Add Account process in my Quicken (2020, latest release) and select to create a Credit Card account, then I can see Apple Card as an available financial institution.
    That leads me to believe that you should be able to set this up in your Q Windows and link it to your existing register so that you can download transactions from within the One Step Update process instead of having to work with a QFX file.
    Hence my question ... have you tried that yet?
  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    @UKR, as shale99 said Apple Card does not have Direct Connect or Express Web Connect options available yet. It's Web Connect or manual only at this time. OFX and QFX downloads were only made available a few months ago.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    @UKR, as shale99 said Apple Card does not have Direct Connect or Express Web Connect options available yet. It's Web Connect or manual only at this time. OFX and QFX downloads were only made available a few months ago.

    What a pity.
    Recommend you let Quicken Support review the QFX file and the OFX log file for errors and to figure out who needs to fix what.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    The FIDIR.txt file shows ONLY Web Connect.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

  • reigninslayerreigninslayer Member ✭✭
    > @ozzyau said:
    > I still can't upload Apple Card transactions to Quicken Deluxe 2020 on Windows. I have a current Quicken subscription and I'm running Windows 10 with all updates.
    > I go into my iPhone, I select the month I want and I export transactions in QFX format. I go into Quicken File->File Import->Web Connect (QFX File), I choose the QFX file I just downloaded, and I get a Quicken window with the message "Quicken is unable to complete your request [OL-220-B]". I press OK and I get another window that says "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later." I've been doing this for a couple of weeks, so obviously it's not a "try later" thing.
    >
    > Any ideas? Are people importing the Apple Card transactions into Quicken?

    Following because I am getting the exact QWIN error when I attempt to import my July 2020 Apple Card transaction QFX file.
  • DirtFloorPoorDirtFloorPoor Member
    Novice here. Having the same problem and getting frustrated with Quicken. I am certain there are better options out there. Nevertheless, quick question: the file extension on transaction file that I saved to my PC (windows 10) is ".qfx" but the "Type" is "Quicken OFX data" ... does that matter at all? Thank you.
  • udechwordiErudechwordiEr Member ✭✭
    @DirtFloorPoor - qfx is correct file type to use. From Wikipedia

    "QFX is Intuit's proprietary version of the standard OFX financial interchange file format. QFX is used in Intuit's "Web Connect" and "Direct Connect" features to transmit and receive financial information over the internet.

    A QFX file is a standard OFX file with additional fields to support a licensing fee paid by institutions to Intuit. In contrast, the standard OFX format is a free and open standard."

    Too early to tell, problem may be on Quickens end, or on Goldman Sachs' end.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Novice here. Having the same problem and getting frustrated with Quicken. I am certain there are better options out there. Nevertheless, quick question: the file extension on transaction file that I saved to my PC (windows 10) is ".qfx" but the "Type" is "Quicken OFX data" ... does that matter at all? Thank you.
    A .QFX file is Quicken's version of an .OFX file with their proprietary additions to it.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2

    A QFX file is a standard OFX file with additional fields to support a licensing fee paid by institutions to Intuit. In contrast, the standard OFX format is a free and open standard."

    Interesting, Quicken for Mac will import an OFX file but Quicken for Windows will not. Maybe Apple Card is sending an OFX rather than a QFX when we request the QFX download. That might explain why Qmac imported my transactions and Qwin would not.
  • shale99shale99 Member ✭✭
    > @UKR said:
    > (Quote)
    > OK, I don't have an Apple Card myself, but when I start the Add Account process in my Quicken (2020, latest release) and select to create a Credit Card account, then I can see Apple Card as an available financial institution.
    > That leads me to believe that you should be able to set this up in your Q Windows and link it to your existing register so that you can download transactions from within the One Step Update process instead of having to work with a QFX file.
    > Hence my question ... have you tried that yet?

    Sure, if you continue it say no info available set up as a manual account.....
  • shale99shale99 Member ✭✭
    Has anybody alerted support directly? I did the 'report problem' from the app, but does not open a ticket.
Sign In or Register to comment.