Home Quicken for Windows Download, Add/Update Accounts (Windows)

Apple Card - still can't upload

Answers

• @shale and @Louis Matarazzo... shhhhhh... lets keep this to ourselves... if Quicken and Apple find out about the work arounds that we've developed, we will get new updates which close our ability to work around their issue :)
  • MrBill12MrBill12 Member ✭✭
    I started a Twitter thread if anyone would like to Like, reply, retweet, quote, etc:

• ;) okie dokie
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    @shale and @Louis Matarazzo... shhhhhh... lets keep this to ourselves... if Quicken and Apple find out about the work arounds that we've developed, we will get new updates which close our ability to work around their issue :)
    There is nothing new about your work around.  There have been third party software programs which have done this for many years. 
    The big issue that I see is that you are falsifying the documentation of your finances by saying that an account is with financial institution (FI) "A", but doing downloads into that account from FI "B".  If you ever got audited and tried to use your Quicken data file for evidence, it would cause doubt in its accuracy.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• refikrefik Member ✭✭
    yay! thanks!!! it worked!!! (except the wells fargo branding...LOL.. who cares)
  • shale99shale99 Member ✭✭
    > @splasher said:
    > (Quote)
    >.  If you ever got audited and tried to use your Quicken data file for evidence, it > would cause doubt in its accuracy.

Nope. At best Quicken is a secondary source. The primary sources would all match. Plus, the Wells Fargo 'banner' only appears at import and no place else.

Put your energy into Quicken coordinating a fix, vs wild speculation.
  • splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    shale99 said:

Put your energy into Quicken coordinating a fix, vs wild speculation.
    Not possible, I don't work for Quicken or the aggregator (Intuit).  I'm just another user trying to help and warn that Quicken retains more info on the associated FI of the account then just a banner.
    Cheat/beat the system anyway you want, just don't complain if it causes you issues later.
    -splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

• JohnAJohnA Member ✭✭✭
    I enjoy reading about hacks because it says something how the process works. But I would never adapt this hackish workaround on my finances nor would I advise anyone else to do so. This issue should be fixed, not worked around.
  • R28.24 and the hack no longer works for me. I confirmed I can still open the July modded file but not August.
  • I can confirm that the hack just worked for me on R28.24 for August transactions.
  • Bob@25[email protected] Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    > @fredgreco said:
    > I can confirm that the hack just worked for me on R28.24 for August transactions.

I wonder what the difference is? I'm running R28.24 in a Windows 10 VM (parallels). I am able to open the modded July file but not August. I've tried changing both FID values one at a time and both at once. I've tried it before and after deactivating online updates. I keep getting the same error.

Edit: I found another reference to problems with Installment entries in the QFX file. I changed the transaction type INSTALLMENT to PAYMENT and it does read the file now. That was the difference from last month. I purchased a new iMac and am taking advantage of the 12mo 0% interest option, hence the new installment entries. I guess it needs to be added to the the list of things needing to be fixed.
  • shale99shale99 Member ✭✭
    > @splasher said:
    > (Quote)
    > Not possible, I don't work for Quicken or the aggregator (Intuit).  I'm just another user trying to help and warn that Quicken retains more info on the associated FI of the account then just a banner.
    > Cheat/beat the system anyway you want, just don't complain if it causes you issues later.

My reply was that you were just a user.
    Who is cheating the software? The import was working, quicken broke it with one of their updates. Quicken is not taking responsibility, nor is GS/applecard. That leaves the users to use a workaround. In no way is that 'cheating'. I suspect you use the card little or none at all because you would know the alternative is manually entering transactions. <sigh>

It is just a banner at import.....
  • MrBill12MrBill12 Member ✭✭
    Welp, due to a Chase Amazon Prime Promo I won't be using this card again until Feb 11th, 2021... Hopefully they will figure it out between now and then.

(the Chase/Amazon promo is 4% cash back on their 2% and 1% categories which covers "everything else"... so moving to that card for the time being.)
  • > @[email protected] said:
    > > @fredgreco said:
    > > I can confirm that the hack just worked for me on R28.24 for August transactions.
    >
    > I wonder what the difference is? I'm running R28.24 in a Windows 10 VM (parallels). I am able to open the modded July file but not August. I've tried changing both FID values one at a time and both at once. I've tried it before and after deactivating online updates. I keep getting the same error.
    >
    > Edit: I found another reference to problems with Installment entries in the QFX file. I changed the transaction type INSTALLMENT to PAYMENT and it does read the file now. That was the difference from last month. I purchased a new iMac and am taking advantage of the 12mo 0% interest option, hence the new installment entries. I guess it needs to be added to the the list of things needing to be fixed.

You're on to something. My error with a default QFX file changed and no longer showed "OL-221-A" next to "Quicken is unable to complete your request." The same message appears and then shows "Quicken is currently unable to verify the financial institution information for this download. Please try again later." Combining the "INSTALLMENT" conversion to "PAYMENT" and the FID to 03000 (Wells Fargo) allowed my first import. It's a combination of issues with Quicken and Apple then. Quicken doesn't recognize the "INSTALLMENT" type and they're not validating the FID.
    Quicken for Windows User Since 2005, IT Support Professional with 15-years experience.
  • DerekDerek Member ✭✭
    It worked after both edits were made.
  • bdahl305bdahl305 Member ✭✭
    Think I’ll download the monthly files and import them all once quicken fixes the import. I like the convenience of the NFC Apple Pay at gas stations, grocery stores, and takeout especially in these Covid times. Thanks all for your work, hoping quicken can use it and solve the puzzle.
  • JohnAJohnA Member ✭✭✭
    >> Thanks all for your work, hoping quicken can use it and solve the puzzle

They won't.  I explicitly told Quicken support about this and they told me that they were unable to go any further because of this unauthorized hack.  Never mind that I only told them about it so they wouldn't spread the canard that it was the Quicken QFX file generated by Apple Card that was faulty.  I had to assure them that the logs I sent them were not from the hack in order for the conversation to continue.  They really don't want to hear it.
  • JohnAJohnA Member ✭✭✭
    Kudos to Quicken Sarah!!!
    You go Sarah! Thank to all for your hard work. Just imported two months fine.
  • Dennis@1[email protected] Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    What changed? Is it the new Quicken 28.28 update or did G/S change their file?
  • Still doesn't work for me.
  • The note from @Quicken Sarah, only says the problem is fixed, but doesn’t mention what us users need to do to implement the fix. Do we have to download a new version of Quicken? Do we have to download a new version of the QFX file from Goldman Sachs and Apple. Better guidance would be great.

@JohnA,, the problem is “fixed” for you. What level of Quicken code are you running? Did you have to download new quicken code? Did you have to re-download a QFX file from Quicken.
    i am on version 28.28, and i imported the july and august qfx files that i exported from my iphone. i imported them today, and transactions came over fine. no need to do another export from the iphone. Hope that helps.
  • @bdahl305 thanks for the information!!!
  • JohnAJohnA Member ✭✭✭
    >> @JohnA,, the problem is “fixed” for you. What level of Quicken code are you running? Did you have to download new quicken code? Did you have to re-download a QFX file from Quicken.

Quicken 28.28 although the version update didn’t fix it.  I saw the Quicken Community bulletin and tested again later.  It just worked.  Are you still getting an OL-220 error or something else?  
  • Don AwaltDon Awalt Member ✭✭✭✭
    I have been lurking in this thread as I have had an Apple Card for 2 months and want to download transactions, and saw this problem. When @Quicken Sarah said it was fixed, I tried it for the first time - exported the QFX on my iPhone, emailed it to myself, saved the file on my laptop, and used Quicken Premier 2020 R28.28 to import the QFX file. It worked perfectly for my August transactions.
  • Bob@25[email protected] Member ✭✭
    edited September 2020
    I updated to V28.28, downloaded a new QFX file and still get the OL-221-A error. They may have fixed one problem but not all. I assume they fixed the issue with FID but not the unrecognized transaction type.
  • I confirmed I can import my July statement but not August. The difference being that August statement has new INSTALLMENT payment types. So Quicken's claim that "It's fixed" is only partially true. I wonder how long it will take before some owns this new issue?
  • refikrefik Member ✭✭
    it does work for me. I went all the way back to the first statement and imported month by month. With the exception of a reconciliation issue, all seems to work for now. (Quicken Deluxe [Windows] R28.28 Build 27.1.28.28)