Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Importing QIF files from Payal into the subscription version of quicken

When I do this, I get names and other transaction detail, but no numbers, neither payments nor deposits?

Best Answers

• dicks390
    dicks390 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    > @ps56k said:
    > ok... hidden away .... PayPal --> Activity --> Statement --> Custom -->
    > (Image)
    >
    > Here is a sample of what was in my downloaded QIF file - opened with Notepad -
    > on the screen, changed the Transaction Type to --> All Transactions
    > !Type:Cash
    > D06/10/2020
    > T-31.94
    > L eBay Auction Payment
    > S eBay Auction Payment
    > $-31.94
    > SFee
    > $0.00
    > CX
    > MLeatherman "Wingman" Stainless Steel Multi Tool
    > PDomers Trading Co
    > ^

Yes, Thanks, I had never done it before. I actually got it to work directly into paypal. However, although it brought in the names of purchasers, amounts, and the goods sold, it did not get the account categories correct. But it was better than manually entering everything. I do not know why the T's stopped downloading directly.

Answers

• thecreator
    thecreator SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @dicks390 ,

Payal? What is the URL to this?

If you are saying PayPal, you can't export Transactions.

thecreator - User of Quicken Subscription R32.12  USA & Quicken 2017 HBRP R20.6 USA
                       Windows 10 Pro 32 & 64-Bit Build 21354.1
    also            Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Build 19042.867

Note: Holding Down the Left Shift Key or Left Ctrl Key produces Window with Quicken 2019 in the Title Bar.

View: https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7859218/work-with-copies-of-your-actual-quicken-data-files/p1?new=1

• Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why are you not just using One Step Update - and download from PayPal -
    Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • dicks390
    dicks390 Member ✭✭
    > @ps56k said:
    > Why are you not just using One Step Update - and download from PayPal -

I would, but it stopped working 6 days ago. I have another post addressing this problem. I was able to do the import to get caught up.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020
    Guess I would have worked the other posted problem of your Paypal not downloading.
    https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7878827/paypal-stopped-dowwnloading#latest
    Also, as mentioned above -
    not sure how you have created a QIF file from Paypal, unless you used the PDF and converted it to QIF - since I couldn't see a way to download PayPal transactions.....

Quicken 2020 Deluxe - Subscription - Windows 10
  • dicks390
    dicks390 Member ✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    > @ps56k said:
    > ok... hidden away .... PayPal --> Activity --> Statement --> Custom -->
    > (Image)
    >
    > Here is a sample of what was in my downloaded QIF file - opened with Notepad -
    > on the screen, changed the Transaction Type to --> All Transactions
    > !Type:Cash
    > D06/10/2020
    > T-31.94
    > L eBay Auction Payment
    > S eBay Auction Payment
    > $-31.94
    > SFee
    > $0.00
    > CX
    > MLeatherman "Wingman" Stainless Steel Multi Tool
    > PDomers Trading Co
    > ^

Yes, Thanks, I had never done it before. I actually got it to work directly into paypal. However, although it brought in the names of purchasers, amounts, and the goods sold, it did not get the account categories correct. But it was better than manually entering everything. I do not know why the T's stopped downloading directly.
This discussion has been closed.