Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

Damaged Scheduled Reminder

I have a scheduled reminder linked to an online biller that will get damaged, without fail, during an update. That means I have to run validate and repair after each one step update to see that reminder and manually delete it.

Any ideas on how to address this?

Answers

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @David Moufarrege

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response. 

We will need a bit more information to be able to assist. Please take a moment to review the information here and post back with the year and version of Quicken you are currently running.

Please include the name of the biller that this is occurring. Also, is there anything that is different about this specific biller versus other billers that do not encounter this problem?

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • David MoufarregeDavid Moufarrege Member ✭✭
    Hello @Quicken_Tyka

Thanks for your response.

The biller is Chase. It's simply a monthly credit card bill. Nothing different than the other billers.

Quicken Premier

Year: 2020
    Version: 27.42
    Build: 27.1.27.42

Windows 10 - Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959)
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @David Moufarrege

Thank you for the response and for providing additional details.

I see you have tried recreating the reminder to resolve this issue, have you tried removing the biller and re-adding the biller?

Please, start by saving a back up then remove both of these bills and attempt to re-add them.

To remove a bill:

Go to the Bills & Income tab and click the gear icon.
    Message Important maintenance upgrade required for billsSelect Manage Online billers

Click Remove on the right side of the dialog.Message Important maintenance upgrade required for bills

Confirm you want to remove the biller by clicking Remove again. 

Please then add the bill once more and create a new reminder, does the trouble persist after these steps?

-Quicken Tyka

-Quicken Tyka
  • David MoufarregeDavid Moufarrege Member ✭✭
    Hi @Quicken_Tyka ,

No dice. I followed the above steps. The problem persisted.

I then recreated the biller and the linked reminder. The problem persisted.

What I am seeing is that the update transaction adds both the billing amount from the bank and the estimated amount from the reminder, not just one or the other.