Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Single Threaded Nightmare

vanderrick
vanderrick Member ✭✭
Updating accounts is so slow as to be painful. I tested the app using CPU affinity and it is obviously single-threaded when doing manual entries into investment accounts (only one tested). The graphics updates are clunky. You never know what's underneath the mouse when you click because menus, frames, buttons, etc., are moving wildly around the screen. It's 2020 for heck's sake. Even my junkiest computer has four cores. Get with it!

If you're doing updates, I'd rather freeze the entire application while the database is updated than (removed-language) multi-threaded or event-based updates that lead you to believe its OK to try to enter something.

Best Answer

Answers

• Hello @vanderrick,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue.

If you are still needing assistance, please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

You may also consider taking a look at the steps available here for anything that may be helpful in troubleshooting this issue for you. 

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• vanderrick
    vanderrick Member ✭✭
    Version R27.42
    Build 27.1.27.42

There is not doubt the quick file is large (72MB). However most of the performance problems seem to be with the investing page.

Without the investing portion of quicken, I could use a spreadsheet or my bank's tools. Keep that in mind.

I suggest testing on a no so powerful computer as developers tend to have..
This discussion has been closed.