Home Quicken on the Web Using Quicken on the Web

When will Web be independent of Desktop?

pbryn1983pbryn1983 Member
edited August 1 in Using Quicken on the Web
Quicken has the most robust personal accounting software out there, no doubt about it.

But I have always hated its dated, clunky interface since I reluctantly started using it when MS Money was discontinued around 2009. 11 years on and things have hardly improved - Quicken should be absolutely ashamed of itself.

In 2009 the iPhone was only a few years old. The world had just learned what "the cloud" was. Electric cars were a fantasy.(Removed-Language) 
I know some of you out there like your desktop version - that's fine. Keep it. I'm not advocating removing the desktop dinosaur that Quicken offers.

But my question is: for those who DON'T like Quicken's clunky desktop mess, when will Quicken allow us to migrate AWAY from it, and make the web version a true cloud-based tool that offers a comparable level of robustness in its capabilities and functionality?

(Removed-Off-Topic/Rant)

Answers

• Quicken FranciscoQuicken Francisco Moderator mod
    edited August 4

Hello @pbryn1983

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I might say that while quicken does not have true cloud functionality we do have another product that was released earlier this year. The product is called Simplifi and it's a purely cloud based application that's accessible via phones/tablets or a website. If you haven't already there's also a 30 day trial as well to try the product out to see if you like the product or not as well. I'll also link the website down below so you can check it out if you're interested. 

https://www.simplifimoney.com

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• pbryn1983pbryn1983 Member
    Francisco:

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm surprised I didn't see an advertisement for that within Quicken? Maybe I missed it?

Simplifi is promising, but two questions:
    1-will it eventually allow for Quicken data migration?
    2-During the sign up process, it says "Looks like you already have an account, log in to migrate." Then it sends me to my account data page with no indication of how or what to "migrate." Please help.
  • pbryn1983pbryn1983 Member
    Update: the mobile app was able to connect my account easily. But having to recreate my financial picture from scratch is frustrating given how much I have invested in Quicken. I will play with Simplifi a bit, but really am looking forward to when an import tool may become available?
    edited August 4
    @pbryn1983

Glad to hear you got connected on the app! As for as it goes with importing from Quicken I'm currently unsure as we're primarily focused on Quicken. I would actually recommend going over to the simplifi community and ask a question there as they'll have more information. I'll link their community forum down below. 

https://community.simplifimoney.com/categories/using-the-simplifi-web-app

If you do have any other questions please let us know!

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco
    edited August 4
    @pbryn1983

I was able to get a bit more information on Simplifi. We not planning on allowing Quicken data to be transferred to Simplifi because the products are made for two separate customer groups. I'd say the best option currently is to try it out and see if it's something that's more suited for you.

Thanks
    Quicken Francisco