Home Quicken for Windows Paying Bills, Online Billers & Reminders (Windows)

How to fix file to use Bill Manager before BillPay EOL?

Quicken Bill Pay is EOL at the end of August.
I cannot get Bill Manager to work due to some duplicate payee in my file that there is apparently no way for me to remove myself.
Quicken wants me to send them all of my data which is not something I am comfortable with.
After almost 30 years of using Quicken and having BillPay EOL and a solution that does not work for me, this is really a bust.
When I go to Bills and Income, I just see a white screen and nothing comes up even though it worked once and allowed me to setup several bills. Now nothing.
Has anyone else had a similar problem and found a resolution?
Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @SForsgren

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you have not found a resolution.

I have taken the liberty of reviewing your previous interactions with support and understand that support is unable to move forward in correcting this issue without the data file.

However, I understand the hesitation of doing so. If you haven't already, have you considered using Direct Connect Bill Pay through your financial institution?

If not, this list gives a rough idea of which financial institutions offer Direct Connect, you may also provide your financial institution if you would like confirmation if they offer Direct Connect Bill Pay services.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka

~~~***~~~
  • SForsgrenSForsgren Member ✭✭
    Hi Tyka,

I am available to connect live and make the corrections to my file on my computer via screenshare. I don't think I should be required to send 30 years with of personal data to fix a data issue that your software allowed.
    I don't want to use Direct Connect. I want to be able to migrate to Bill Manager which is part of the subscription that I pay for.

Can we coordinate a time to work with someone that can correct the problem locally on my computer via screenshare?

Thanks in advance for your response below and your assistance in resolving this issue.

thanks,
    Scott
    I have done that but not gotten a response on potentially solving the issue via screen share.

As a feature that is part of my ongoing subscription, I would hope for a resolution before you stop support for Bill Pay.

I would welcome the opportunity. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
    Scott
    FYI, Quicken is unwilling to provide a solution to this problem without me sending my unsanitized data file to them. This is not a reasonable solution in my opinion as I use the file daily and it has private information, passwords, etc. which I am not comfortable sending. I requested a solution that could be done on my local machine with their team via screen share, but there does not seem to be a willingness to support me in that manner. After ~30 years of using the product and no longer being able to pay bills with it after the end of this month, it is a very disappointing place to be. :( I am not trying to be difficult, but I feel that Quicken could do better...much better. As much as I don't want to wish this same problem with Bill Manager on others, it seems the only solution that may follow would be for others to also run into the same problem and enough escalations lead to another path forward.
  • Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @SForsgren

Thank you for the update, although without the file we are not able to research this further.

Hopefully, another user experiencing the same issue will be willing to work with us in the future.

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
    My understanding is that there is no further research. I was told the problem was understood and that the duplicate payees needed to be deleted, but that there was no way for me to delete them myself. What I have understood is not that more research needs to be done. I'm asking for the removal of the duplicate payees to be done via screen share. Thank you in advance.
This discussion has been closed.