Home Quicken for Windows Errors and Troubleshooting (Windows)

How to enable the Export to .QIF option in the export menu

My menu option "Export to .QIF" is greyed out and disabled. How to I enable it for use?

Best Answer

• pthiel168pthiel168 Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks again, I was able to get around the issue by doing a fresh install of quicken on a different machine and then importing the quicken data. The option was available then and I export to .QIF. Appreciate the assistance.

Answers

• splashersplasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I just tested this in both subscription Premier and Starter Editions, QIF export is available in both, so it should be available in Deluxe.

I would suggest un-installing and re-installing Quicken following the instructions in this article: QCleanUI - Clean Uninstall

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list

Thanks, I gave that a try but unfortunately the option is still disabled once I reinstall.
  • UKRUKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for the record:
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?  Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks again, I was able to get around the issue by doing a fresh install of quicken on a different machine and then importing the quicken data. The option was available then and I export to .QIF. Appreciate the assistance.
This discussion has been closed.