How to enable the Export to .QIF option in the export menu

My menu option "Export to .QIF" is greyed out and disabled. How to I enable it for use?

Best Answer

• pthiel168
    pthiel168 Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks again, I was able to get around the issue by doing a fresh install of quicken on a different machine and then importing the quicken data. The option was available then and I export to .QIF. Appreciate the assistance.

Answers

• splasher
    splasher SuperUser ✭✭✭✭
    I just tested this in both subscription Premier and Starter Editions, QIF export is available in both, so it should be available in Deluxe.

I would suggest un-installing and re-installing Quicken following the instructions in this article: QCleanUI - Clean Uninstall

-splasher  using Q since 1996 -  Subscription  -  Win10
    -also older versions as needed for testing
    -Questions? Check out the  Quicken Windows FAQ list
  • pthiel168
    pthiel168 Member
    Thanks, I gave that a try but unfortunately the option is still disabled once I reinstall.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for the record:
    What version, edition level and release of Quicken are you using?  Click Help / About Quicken (Mac: Quicken / About Quicken) to get this information.
    What version of Windows or Mac OS are you using?
  • pthiel168
    pthiel168 Member
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks again, I was able to get around the issue by doing a fresh install of quicken on a different machine and then importing the quicken data. The option was available then and I export to .QIF. Appreciate the assistance.
This discussion has been closed.