Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Drag and Drop Separate and Hidden Accounts

ECL
ECL Member ✭✭
The new Separate, Hidden, and Closed Accounts feature is great but when the feature was introduced Quicken arbitrarily categorized all my Hidden accounts as Separate. To remove that setting I have to manually open each account's settings panel and manually uncheck the Separate checkbox.

My suggestion is to allow drag and drop in the Accounts side bar panel so I can just drag an account from/to Separate and from/to Hidden.
0 votes

New · Last Updated

Comments

• RickO
    RickO SuperUser, Mac Beta Beta
    edited August 2020
    You actually didn't need to open each account's settings. If you open menu Accounts  > Hide and Show Accounts, there is a checkbox for Keep Separate for each account in the list. You can run down that list and quickly uncheck those that should not be separate.

Also, account drag and drop in the sidebar could be problematic as people would be trying to drag accounts from Hidden to say, Savings, even though it may be the wrong account type for Savings.
    Quicken Mac Subscription; Quicken Mac user since the early 90s
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello all,

This Idea seems to have fallen stagnant and due to the Age of the request and lack of User Votes/Comments, will be archived within the next 7 business days.

If you would like to see this Idea kept alive and considered for possible future implementation in Quicken, be sure to Add your Vote and a comment explaining how this Idea would be beneficial for you. More information, including steps to vote and how to submit your own Ideas for future product features/improvements, is also available here.

Thank you,

Quicken Community Support Team

~~~***~~~
  • smayer97
    smayer97 SuperUser, Mac Beta, Canada Beta ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would not archive this because it includes a comment on a very useful work-around. Instead, if nothing else, it should be turned into a question thread.
    Have Questions? Check out these FAQs (links now fixed):COMPLETE list of Product Ideas - Quicken for Mac to VOTE on

Object to Quicken's business model, using up 25% of your screen?
    Add your vote here:
    Quicken should eliminate the LARGE Ad space when a subscription expires

(
    Canadian user since '92, STILL using QM2007)