Bill Pay and Bill Manager

In a previous conversation and email, it seemed existing transactions (posted and received a check number just waiting to be sent by Bill Pay) would be passed through into the new Bill manager. The email today indicated otherwise.

>After AUGUST 31, 2020
• All scheduled & recurring payments in the old system will be canceled, regardless of when they were entered
• You won't be able to use the old system to schedule any new payments
<
I understand the last bullet point but the first indicates scheduled and recurring payments would be canceled. Back in April of this year, when I sent payment instructions for the first half of 2020 to our tax assessor. At the same time, I sent instructions for the second half payment due on October 31, 2020. I received a "check number" indicating that check would in fact be sent out to arrive on the due date. So... will that payment process in October or will it be 'deleted' and not processed. 1) I need to make sure the payment arrives on time or late charges will apply. 2) the amount is not insignificant as in over $4000. I do not want to duplicate it on the "off chance" it will not be sent as instructed. The Quicken Bill Pay site indicates it is ready and will be sent on the date instructioned.

Dave

Best Answer

Answers

• Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭
    In Bill Manager, I created two billers that quicken cannot connect with. How do I delete those entries. The only available options appearing are "Refresh Bill", "Link to Reminder", and "Go to Biller Website". Apparently, I cannot edit/delete this Bill. Since it thinks the Billing account is locked.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    I assume these are online billers. In the Bills & Income tab, Bills.  Use Gear, Manage Online Billers, Remove.
    Some have reported it doesn't always work but I've used it a few times, successfully.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭
    I found that selection after sending my question. Tried it. The screen flickered and the biller remained. Will continue trying. Thank you.
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    There were some similar problems with deleting recalcitrant billers that required file validation to repair.  Here is a link to the fix in case you want to try it.
    https://www.quicken.com/support/message-when-using-online-bills-important-upgrade-required-online-bills
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭
    Thank you. Successfully performed the indicated operation and the Biller still remains. Thanks anyhow for the assist.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dave Robinson

Thank you for the response and for letting us know how the steps to remove the biller although I apologize that the trouble continues to persist.

May I ask for the names of the two billers in question?

I would like to take a look at the biller profile to see am I able to locate any issues.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭
    The biller is State Farm Insurance. The wall Quicken hits is the 2FID. So I am going to continue manually adding the payment.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dave Robinson

Thank you for the response and for confirming the biller.

We have received confirmation from our Online Biller Service Providers that there is an issue connecting with State Farm online bills.

An escalation has been opened with our Service Providers who are working with State Farm to restore access as quickly as possible, however, at this time we do not have an ETA on when a solution will be available.

This has been ongoing for quite some time, to be notified of any updates or changes please follow the link below by bookmarking the gold star.

https://community.quicken.com/discussion/7858785/state-farm-insurance-cant-get-bill-info#latest

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭
    I suspect I will still receive emails concerning this posting. "Bookmarking the Gold Star" is something I am not familiar with. followed the link and no Gold star.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Dave Robinson

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that I was unclear in my instructions. 

There is a Gold Star at the top of the first page, of any post, bookmarking the conversation will notify you of any updates.

I hope this helps!
    -Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • Dave Robinson
    Dave Robinson Member ✭✭
    Ok i think I saw it... My eyes are getting too old. Maybe it should be bigger and easier to locate??
This discussion has been closed.