Portfolio Security Value Mismatch

I have a security that the shares do not match up. 

I should have 603.71 shares from TIMXX. I can see each lot. However, the total does not add up.
(see image) Is this a bug? Can it be fixed?

Best Answer

• Gamal Mustafa
    Gamal Mustafa Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Frankx said:
    Hi @Gamal Mustafa

It looks like the transaction on 3/31/20 is wrong.  As this is a money market fund, the number of shares of that transaction should be 1.71 not 3.66.  You should edit that transaction, or delete and reenter it.

Frankx
    I tried that. It did not work. I deleted that account and downloaded all transactions. That fixed. Still, I am not sure why the info was so different. The real number of shares is 56.

Answers

• Rich_M
    Rich_M SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have you tried Validate and Repair to validate your file and rebuild investing lots?
    Quicken 2017 Premier - Windows 10 Pro
  • Gamal Mustafa
    Gamal Mustafa Member ✭✭✭
    Yes, copy file and then validate with all options.
  • Frankx
    Frankx SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Gamal Mustafa

It looks like the transaction on 3/31/20 is wrong.  As this is a money market fund, the number of shares of that transaction should be 1.71 not 3.66.  You should edit that transaction, or delete and reenter it.

Frankx

Quicken H&B-Subscription - Windows 10 Home - Ver. 2004
                                             - - - - Quicken User since 1984 - - - 
      -  If you find this reply helpful, please click "Helpful" (below), so others will know! Thank you.  -
  • Gamal Mustafa
    Gamal Mustafa Member ✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Frankx said:
    Hi @Gamal Mustafa

Frankx
    I tried that. It did not work. I deleted that account and downloaded all transactions. That fixed. Still, I am not sure why the info was so different. The real number of shares is 56.
This discussion has been closed.