Only one payment can be scheduled to a credit card at a time

This is unfortunate because there are several scenarios in which I want to schedule multiple payments. I'm assuming there's no way around this?

Comments

• UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    More details on that "several scenarios", please.
    Are you paying off the entire balance or only a portion every month?
  • Mark Victor
    Mark Victor Member ✭✭
    Scenario 1: When I am out and about I pay for everything with my points credit card - groceries, restaurants, gas, everything. Then I just have a standing $750 a week sent to the card. With BillPay I would set up 10-15 weeks at a time. Every Friday, like clockwork.

Scenario 2: I often provide temporary cashflow to one of my businesses like paying their rent on the first, and then they reimburse a few days or a week later. This can happen two or three times a month. When they reimburse me I will turn around and send it to the card I used.
  • Mark Victor
    Mark Victor Member ✭✭
    But really, from a software UX perspective, the question shouldn't be: why do you want to have multiple payments? The question should be reversed: what is the reason for the arbitrary constraint of only allowing one at a time?
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to clarify - is this using the Quicken Bill Manager ?
    Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • Mark Victor
    Mark Victor Member ✭✭
    To be honest, I'm not sure. I don't see the word "Bill Manager" anywhere in the UI. I'm using Quicken 2020 and I set up payees on the tab captioned "Bills & Income". There are two flavors of "bills", Online and Manual. Online is what I have set up for my credit cards.
  • Mark Victor
    Mark Victor Member ✭✭
    And then from my checking account register I choose "Pay (Quick Pay/Check Pay)" in the Check column, then I choose the card and if there's an existing payment it stops me from adding another and only offers to show the status of the existing one.
  • Ps56k2
    Ps56k2 SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark Victor said: I choose "Pay (Quick Pay/Check Pay)" in the Check column.
    Sorry... yes - the Quick Pay + Check Pay - together are called Quicken Bill Manager...
    There are other ways to "pay" from Quicken, just wanted to clarify which was used.

Quicken Subscription - Windows 10
  • jrich75
    jrich75 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    To be honest, I'm not sure. I don't see the word "Bill Manager" anywhere in the UI. 
    One of the mysteries of the new Quicken.  ;)  They use the term in all their program descriptions but there is no Bill Manager screen in the UI.  IMO either the Bills & Income Tab or the Bills screen under it should be renamed Bill Manager.

As far as the payment restriction goes, I would guess that it actually comes from the Credit Card's online bill payment system.  That is what Quick Pay for online bills uses to complete payments.

Edit: Or it may be that in this instance, it relates to the inability of Quick Pay to process recurring payments.  They may not be able accept a second payment when there is one already scheduled for payment.
    Quicken user since 1995
    Win10 Deluxe Subscription thru 2021
This discussion has been closed.