One Step Update for Kohls Credit Card

I have a Kohl's credit card and majority of the times I click on One Step Update the Kohl's credit card prompts for "Please choose a verification method to receive temporary identification code". It comes in a majority of times. If I press cancel, it goes ahead and does the update without any error. I have tried resetting the online account setup several times and it has not helped. Is anyone else also having the same issue?
When I log in to the Kohl's Credit card website it does not prompt for a verification code.
Does anyone know how can I resolve it?

Answers

• Terry Locke
    Terry Locke Member ✭✭✭
    @jparmar I've got a Kohl's card and I need to provide a verification code when I log in to my account on the the Kohl's site.
  • jparmar
    jparmar Member ✭✭
    @Terry Locke - Thanks for your response. I just tried the Kohls website. I logged in after a long time. It did ask for a verification code. But I logged in many times after that and it did not prompt for the verification code.
    I was expecting a similar functionality/behavior with Quicken also. With Quicken it seems to asking for the validation code everytime.
  • Terry Locke
    Terry Locke Member ✭✭✭
    @jparmar I find that Kohl's website has a funny way of operating. Even if you click the "Logout" button, it thinks that the session is still running and does not ask for login information. This has happened to me where even several weeks after I logged out it still thinks the session is running. Anyway just to let you know that I too have to do that "Please choose a verification method to receive temporary identification code" thing every time I use One Step Update in Quicken. It's a real pain because most of the time there are no transactions in Kohl's and thanks to Covid-19 there has been no transactions in Kohl's since December of last year but I still have to get that damn code every time I run One Step Update.
  • jparmar
    jparmar Member ✭✭
    @Terry Locke - Thanks for the update. I just wanted to ensure that it was just not me experiencing this issue. :)
    Yes it is very annoying.
  • GaryKantz
    GaryKantz Member ✭✭
    I've had this issue for well over a year, maybe 2-3 years. It's a pain to have to keep validating. I do not have any issue with any other credit card.
  • BarbMo
    BarbMo Member
    I am having the same problem with Quicken Bill pay for Kohls with updating Kohls transactions and making payments. I am being asked to do a "one" time only verification (about 100+ times now). The Kohls transaction are not automatically updating into Quicken. Has anyone found a resolution to this yet? We have deleted and recreated the account but it has not resolved it. I called Kohls and they feel it is a Quicken Problem. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. This appears to be the only credit card we have in Quicken with this issue.
  • Quicken_Tyka
    Quicken_Tyka Alumni ✭✭✭✭
    Hello @BarbMo

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to report this issue, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

First, may I ask that you navigate to Help > About Quicken and provide the release of Quicken that you are currently running.

How are you updating transactions? Are you using a One Step Update? If so, please attempt to update the accounts individually.
    1. Open the transaction register for the account with the error message.
    2. Click the Gear Icon in the upper right of the register and select Update Now.
    3. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
    4. Repeat these steps for each account with this error.
    Do you still receive code using this method or does it connect without prompting for this?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    ~~~***~~~
  • jparmar
    jparmar Member ✭✭
    Yes I still receive the error. The version is attached.
    I use a One Step Update. And if any account fails then I use the Update for the individual account.
  • any updates on this? I'm still getting this every time I update.
This discussion has been closed.