Quicken Community is moving to Single Sign On! Starting 1/22/21, you'll sign in to the community with your Quicken ID. For more information: http://bit.ly/CommunitySSO

Damaged Scheduled Reminder Notice

This discussion was created from comments split from: why is my projected balances graph is incorrect..

Comments

• Charles Lindsay
    Charles Lindsay Member ✭✭
    edited August 2020
    QDF:
    Validating your data.
    Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders.
    This comes up after every file validate and super validate, but I cannot find any reminder that has been removed. I went back through several backups which previously validated but now show the same damaged reminder note. Has to be a Quicken problem rather than a data problem. Any solutions?
  • jefflock
    jefflock Member ✭✭
    I have exactly the same problem. This has been going on for a few days now. Any resolution.
  • Hello @Charles Lindsay & @jefflock,

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community and post your issue, although I apologize that you have not yet received a response.

If you are still needing assistance, please take a moment to review the information available here and post back to let us know what version and release of Quicken you're using.

The more information you can provide regarding this issue will help the Community to better understand and assist.

Thank you,

Quicken Natalie

• jefflock
    jefflock Member ✭✭
    Hi Natalie, you asked for more detail about the problem. Here it is:
    Quicken 2020 Quicken Premier R28.10 Build 27.1.28.10
    Windows 10 Home 64-Bit most up-to-date patch level.
    USA Quicken program.

I downloaded the install and have maintained the patch level every month.

The complete description of the issue is:

1. Every time I run a "Validate and Repair", I get the message: "Quicken found a damaged scheduled reminder and removed it. Please check your scheduled reminders by going to Tools>Manage Bills and Income Reminders". When this happens there is always a 0 reminder with a 0 date and 0 amount that I delete (at least one if not more).

2. One of my (savings) accounts has a correct balance in the register and the account list; however, in the "Projected Balances" under "Bills & Income" the account balance is significantly less (way off from the balance shown in the register or account list). In addition, the "Projected Balances" shows it decreasing periodically, but there are no transactions that would be affecting the account in the future. I look and there are and should be none.

Let me know if you need further detail on this. If I need to place a support call let me know and I will.

Thank you.
  • UKR
    UKR SuperUser ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even though you have run validate and supervalidate before, please run the entire procedure exactly as shown in Step 2 of

Troubleshooting 101 - Fixing Software Installation and Data File Problems

This discussion has been closed.