Home Alerts & Known Product Issues

KNOWN ISSUE: Paypal weblink doesn't work after update to R27.42

galpetrichorgalpetrichor Member
Before the most recent update, I was able to include a weblink to my Paypal account on invoices I sent to clients. After the update all my webinks have been reset, and when I click the link to set up the weblink again, it simply logs me into my Paypal account in a quicken browser Window but doesn't give directions for how to set up the web link again.

Best Answer

Answers

• Quicken_TykaQuicken_Tyka Moderator mod
    Hello @galpetrichor

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

If you haven't done so already, please take a moment to review the steps and information available here.

If the trouble persists, please provide more details on what occurs or what step you are unable to complete to add the web link.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • bradspbradsp Member ✭✭
    This is happening to me as well. I have followed the steps listed in the instructions. The instructions state at step 3, "Go through the PayPal setup flow. Once the setup is done, you can include the PayPal link in your invoices. Your customers can click on the link and pay you from their bank or credit card accounts." There are no instructions for how to to through the PayPal setup flow. I log into my PayPal account within the setup screen and get to the main PayPal screen, but nothing happens after that. If I click X to close the window, Quicken states the setup will not complete. What needs to be done within PayPal to complete the setup?

Bradley Powers
  • laymans75laymans75 Member
    I also am having the same issue. There is no PayPal setup flow. I am simply logged into my paypal account and on the home page. The instructions do not state what to click on the PayPal home page.
  • Hello @galpetrichor

Thank you for reaching out on the community and telling us about your issue. I was taking a look and was trying to find a way to see if we're able to get the correct web link page to pop up. One thing that I'd like to see is if we copy and validate the file if then we're able to have the web link reset so we can see if it leads us to the correct address. 

If you take a look at the article down below it will show steps on how to perform the copy and validate.

https://www.quicken.com/support/advanced-data-file-troubleshooting-correct-problems-quicken-windows

Once you're able to do this try let us know if we're able to load into the correct pages to setup the web link. If not we'll see  what we can try next.

Thanks,

Quicken Francisco

• AhmedAhmed Member ✭✭
    I add a tenant and click on the "Set Up Payment Link..." button. All it does it lets me log in to PayPal!!! Now what? there are no further instructions or even confirmation that anything has been setup. Kinda disappointing

The instructions on line at this link https://www.quicken.com/support/how-add-your-paypal-weblink-invoices-and-rent-reminders are old. I am using the 2020 version.

Also, my invoices pulled my home address from PayPal!! That is a no no, I do not want my tenants knowing where I live. I have a PO BOX but I do not believe that is allowed in PayPal!! what is the work around for this? Thank you
  • AhmedAhmed Member ✭✭
    Disregard the address question. It has been fixed. Apparently I couldn't go back and edit my original post. Still trying to figure out the Payment Link setup. Thank you
    Hello @Ahmed

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question, although I apologize that you haven't received a response.

I am currently running the 2020 Home and Bussiness version and I am able to successfully follow the steps to add a payment link to an invoice.

May I ask that you provide more details on what step you are having difficulties navigating?

Please let me know!

-Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • AhmedAhmed Member ✭✭
    Thank you very much for your help :-) Here are my exact steps so far

Rental Property Tab
    next to the Property row I click Remind button
    Top section is says "Set Up PayPal Payment Link..."
    I click on that
    It gives me PayPal login screen
    I login
    And I am at the PayPal home screen like I never even came from Quicken. There is nothing to guide me as to what I should do next.
  • AhmedAhmed Member ✭✭
    FYI - I do have a PayPal business account. Thank you again for your guidance.
  • mattputzmattputz Member
    I'm using version R28.28, build 27.1.28.28, and I've done everything you've listed in this thread, as well as contacted customer service at Quicken, and it's still broken. I've used quicken for over a decade (happily), and this was the main reason I upgraded to the business version. Can you provide an ETA on the fix?
  • hedrickhedrick Member
    Still not working. After logging into the Paypal successfully it just sits there on Paypal website. Closing the dialog window warns that setup is not complete.
    (Windows 10 Pro, Windows Updates Up-to-date, Quicken Home Business & Rental Property Subscription - Year: 2020 Version: R29.12 Build: 27.1.29.12, Paypal Business Account)
    Hello @hedrick

Thank you for taking the time to visit the Community to post your question.

To clarify, are you experiencing this trouble with adding the PayPal link to an invoice or are you experiencing this trouble adding a Paypal account to Quicken?

If you are experiencing this trouble with adding the PayPal link to an invoice that is a known issue and will require an update to correct.

Please let us know which issue you are having so we may better assist!
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
  • AhmedAhmed Member ✭✭
    I update to the newest version and it is still not working for me either. I log in to PayPal through Quicken to set up "PayPal Payment Link.." the and all I get is the PayPal homepage. Nothing else comes after that, instructions, buttons to click, or any other action to take.

Thank you
    Hello @Ahmed

Thank you for the response, although I apologize that you continue to experience this trouble.

This issue is still ongoing and is still being investigated, there is no ETA that I am able to provide at this time.

This post will be updated as soon as more information becomes available.

Thank you,
    -Quicken Tyka
    -Quicken Tyka
    ONGOING: 10/8/20

This issue is still ongoing with no ETA.

CTP-1006
    -Quicken Tyka